An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

Ok, well I can script rather okay, but building and level design, texturing and modelling are my most strong suits, and I can write dialogue as well. Seems like the chaps here already have the storyboard figured out :3

While this isn't a mod super heavy with new models, there are some and a good modeler is rarer skill set. Have any demonstrations of your work I can look at?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Dont have any at the moment, had to delete all my .esp's, meshes and textures for FNV to fit on stuff for War Thunder and Skyrim, but I could whip something up if you would like?

Edited by KangarooSwag

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Ralfic, but I just see any of those ideas working out for the following reasons:

1. I doubt that the Securitons can safely navigate through the Divide's terrain.

2. Those nukes aren't something that can be packed up and put into a suitcase.

3. Bringing in nukes to the Mojave doesn't sound like a smart thing to do in a post apocalyptic world.

4. Why on Earth would the Western Brotherhood help the Courier (especially one that has nukes) against the NCR? If anything this may cause the Brotherhood to ally with the NCR against the Courier. Also considering that the NCR and Brotherhood went to war over their disagreements with technology being used to help people I can't see the West Coast Brotherhood willing to share technology with the Courier.

5. During Lonesome Road it is noted that Ulysses did not have enough nukes to completely destroy the Mojave, NCR and Legion. He only had enough to destroy a couple of major trade routes for the NCR and Legion.

Well here is my point of view...

1.There could be some special unit of enchanced securitrons that was created to accomplish difficult missions by Mr.House lead by a men/woman that you will hire as a new vegas special agent in a (brotherhood of steel suit perhaps) (or the courier) could easily accomplish taking the nukes out of the divide and bringing them to new vegas...

2.You could use some old trucks, make them use solar panels for power source.

3.You could hide them and use it for negotiations (like in today's world) or in emergency situation.

4.Cause they may fear him or cause they are at a very bad situation almost destroyed by the ncr and basicly they are trying to find allies...(but in the future they may try getting rid of the courier and yes man).Also suppling with tehnology the whole N.C.R. would take a lot more supplies than suppling only mojave wasteland.

5.You don't need to nuke the whole N.C.R. or Legion you could just hit some strategic locations such as Shady Sands (By nuking Shady Sands you kill the president and many senators and by doing that you cripple the N.C.R.) and Flagstaff(Maybe you kill the Caesar if you haven't kill him yet or the legate or and many other high ranked Caesar's Legion's Officers and possible succesor's of Ceasar if you have killed both Caesar and the Legate).

Edit:sorry for not replying sooner i looked for an answer the first 5 days then completly all forgot about it...

Edited by Ralfic

And here are my responses:

1.There could be some special unit of enchanced securitrons that was created to accomplish difficult missions by Mr.House lead by a men/woman that you will hire as a new vegas special agent in a (brotherhood of steel suit perhaps) (or the courier) could easily accomplish taking the nukes out of the divide and bringing them to new vegas...

Its best to consider the Securitons as something like mini tanks. If House created a robot to navigate through disaster zones then it would not be designed like a Securitron and cannot be called one. House was probably well aware of the Securitron's limitations like being unable to fit through a small manhole and climb down a ladder. If House had already constructed something like an android then he would have no need for a human agent like Benny or the Courier to achieve his goals. Even if House survived the events of New Vegas I cannot see him being inclined to created androids just to go into the hellhole that most wastelanders know enough about to stay away from. Also House would know better than to threaten his main source of income with nuclear devastation.

You would need very long trucks to transport the nukes and where would you find one in a post apocalyptic world? Finding working vehicles in a post apocalyptic world is a rare thing and I don't think the player will just magically discover a working truck built to carry nukes along the way. In any case I found that get to Ulysses Temple on foot was hard enough so it's unlikely that you'll be able to drive a truck through the Divide.

3.You could hide them and use it for negotiations (like in today's world) or in emergency situation.

And where exactly would you be able to hide something that big? The player does not have the means to transport them or even build silos to store them. And what kind of "emergency situation" would a New Vegas in a post apocalyptic world need for the nukes. At the end of the game the player already has the means to keep the NCR and the Legion out of the Mojave. As I mentioned before in the first response it would be retarded to threaten the NCR with nuclear fire since the player would need to rely on them for trade and commerce. The Legion would most likely turn upon themselves anyway which would remove any need to nuke their territory. The only threat to the Mojave that I see are the Tunnelers in the Divide and which could be resolved by using the nukes to target the Divide itself.

4.Cause they may fear him or cause they are at a very bad situation almost destroyed by the ncr and basicly they are trying to find allies...(but in the future they may try getting rid of the courier and yes man).Also suppling with tehnology the whole N.C.R. would take a lot more supplies than suppling only mojave wasteland.

Why on Earth would the Courier even care about a Brotherhood chapter that is located far away in California and vice versa anyway? As far as I see it that chapter is the NCR's problem not mine. Even if the NCR knows the location of the Lost Hills chapter it is more likely that the founding chapter is in a state of lock down just like the Mojave chapter when we first met them. It's also important to remember that the Lost Hills chapter acts like a typical Brotherhood chapter and has no interest in making allies. Retrieving and preserving military technology is all that they care about.

5.You don't need to nuke the whole N.C.R. or Legion you could just hit some strategic locations such as Shady Sands (By nuking Shady Sands you kill the president and many senators and by doing that you cripple the N.C.R.) and Flagstaff(Maybe you kill the Caesar if you haven't kill him yet or the legate or and many other high ranked Caesar's Legion's Officers and possible succesor's of Ceasar if you have killed both Caesar and the Legate).

Even if you decided to destroy the NCR or Legion's capital city whats to stop them from setting up the next biggest city as the capital. I would say that the NCR and Legion have more cities than the number of nukes that the Divide currently stores. Nuking the NCR would be retarded and nuking the Legion would be considered as overkill.

And here are my responses:

Its best to consider the Securitons as something like mini tanks. If House created a robot to navigate through disaster zones then it would not be designed like a Securitron and cannot be called one. House was probably well aware of the Securitron's limitations like being unable to fit through a small manhole and climb down a ladder. If House had already constructed something like an android then he would have no need for a human agent like Benny or the Courier to achieve his goals. Even if House survived the events of New Vegas I cannot see him being inclined to created androids just to go into the hellhole that most wastelanders know enough about to stay away from. Also House would know better than to threaten his main source of income with nuclear devastation.

You would need very long trucks to transport the nukes and where would you find one in a post apocalyptic world? Finding working vehicles in a post apocalyptic world is a rare thing and I don't think the player will just magically discover a working truck built to carry nukes along the way. In any case I found that get to Ulysses Temple on foot was hard enough so it's unlikely that you'll be able to drive a truck through the Divide.

And where exactly would you be able to hide something that big? The player does not have the means to transport them or even build silos to store them. And what kind of "emergency situation" would a New Vegas in a post apocalyptic world need for the nukes. At the end of the game the player already has the means to keep the NCR and the Legion out of the Mojave. As I mentioned before in the first response it would be retarded to threaten the NCR with nuclear fire since the player would need to rely on them for trade and commerce. The Legion would most likely turn upon themselves anyway which would remove any need to nuke their territory. The only threat to the Mojave that I see are the Tunnelers in the Divide and which could be resolved by using the nukes to target the Divide itself.

Why on Earth would the Courier even care about a Brotherhood chapter that is located far away in California and vice versa anyway? As far as I see it that chapter is the NCR's problem not mine. Even if the NCR knows the location of the Lost Hills chapter it is more likely that the founding chapter is in a state of lock down just like the Mojave chapter when we first met them. It's also important to remember that the Lost Hills chapter acts like a typical Brotherhood chapter and has no interest in making allies. Retrieving and preserving military technology is all that they care about.

Even if you decided to destroy the NCR or Legion's capital city whats to stop them from setting up the next biggest city as the capital. I would say that the NCR and Legion have more cities than the number of nukes that the Divide currently stores. Nuking the NCR would be retarded and nuking the Legion would be considered as overkill.

Let me modify my idea:

After a lot of search the courier could find an helicopter or borrow a plane from the boomers and set up an outpost at the divide (I know it may be difficult but hear me out).The courier has already kill many deadly creatures in the divide so if after controlling the whole NV and the nearby areas he could be enough powerfull to raise an army of human soldiers(with advanced weaponry brotherhoood of steel like),securitrons and allies(The allies that the player has choose in this mod) and lead by greed for power(and by seeing how the people of fallout think of the nuclears(tribals,cults...)he would think that he would be so feared that they (tribals,cults) consider him as a god).He would try reaching Ulysses Temple with his army (probably 20-50 soldiers,securitrons and allies) and he would make an hidden (or not you could choose) outpost to be able to use the nuclear bombs in case of war or for negotiations and WB.O.S. could ask the courier for help cause the NCR has blown up their door and were able to attack the Lost Hills chapter forcing them to retreat and run to the courier hearing of the nukes that you have.Then you could threaten NCR to negotiate a truce with WB.O.S. like the treaty between Mojave chapter and N.C.R. for technology that could help you rebuild and strengthen Mojave wasteland (but in the future they may try getting rid of the courier and yes man and take control of Mojave wasteland like a chapter).

Edited by Ralfic

So is anything still happening with this? It sounds amazing.

Hi ljenk. I'm trying to find the time to get some work done on the mod and expand the areas the beta covers. In the meantime, feel free to try out the beta and provide any feedback (I'm aware of at least two audio markers and a weird flaming sky effect over the fort). The beta covers hoover dam (the exterior, and a bit of the interior) to the fort.

For this thread we're looking for input into multiple facets of the mod. Essentially we have several categories #1 starting with the immediate aftereffects of the battle of Hoover dam, #2 story driven quests in a changing NV, & a #3 Kingmaker/resource management spin on the game. While I'm only working on #1 at the moment (well, when I get the time to mod), all categories need to be story boarded and fleshed out, and I'd appreciate any input.

Let me modify my idea:

After a lot of search the courier could find an helicopter or borrow a plane from the boomers and set up an outpost at the divide (I know it may be difficult but hear me out).The courier has already kill many deadly creatures in the divide so if after controlling the whole NV and the nearby areas he could be enough powerfull to raise an army of human soldiers(with advanced weaponry brotherhoood of steel like),securitrons and allies(The allies that the player has choose in this mod) and lead by greed for power(and by seeing how the people of fallout think of the nuclears(tribals,cults...)he would think that he would be so feared that they (tribals,cults) consider him as a god).He would try reaching Ulysses Temple with his army (probably 20-50 soldiers,securitrons and allies) and he would make an hidden (or not you could choose) outpost to be able to use the nuclear bombs in case of war or for negotiations and WB.O.S. could ask the courier for help cause the NCR has blown up their door and were able to attack the Lost Hills chapter forcing them to retreat and run to the courier hearing of the nukes that you have.Then you could threaten NCR to negotiate a truce with WB.O.S. like the treaty between Mojave chapter and N.C.R. for technology that could help you rebuild and strengthen Mojave wasteland (but in the future they may try getting rid of the courier and yes man and take control of Mojave wasteland like a chapter).

Sorry but those ideas still don't make any sense at all.

First of all regarding the issue of using a plane, they require long flat strips of land to take off and land. You cannot land a plane on the top of a hill let alone a disaster zone like the Divide.

In regards to the tribals or cults who may worship a nuclear crazy Courier, there is no mention of any groups like that in the game. The citizens of the Mojave will most likely see the Courier as a jackass who cannot learn the mistakes of history instead of a god.

You still haven't explained why the Courier could be inclined to help the Western Brotherhood against the NCR. Lets remember that the WBOS are not an innocent group that are being bullied by the "big bad" NCR. If anything I believe that they were the ones who started the war with the NCR in the first place. Why would the Courier even risk inviting the most hardline Brotherhood chapter to help rebuild the Mojave when there is already a Brotherhood chapter in the area that is led by the more progressive Elder McNamara? Even if the NCR cannot do much against a Courier with nuclear weapons I somehow doubt that the citizens of the NCR will appreciate being threatened by the Courier and will most likely refuse to visit the Strip. This scenario would result in a significant loss of income for the Courier.

After players have finished Lonesome Road the nukes become a moot point due to Ulysses Temple being inaccessible to the player after the destruction of the temple regardless of whether the player has Ed-E deactivate the nukes or launched them against the NCR, Legion or both. Since most of the nukes were detonated when the Courier delivered the mysterious package from Navaro it stands to reason that the nukes that Ulysses was about to launch were the only working ones that still remained.

• 4 weeks later...