An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like that idea would be a good idea for a new lands mod set after the main quest.

Since we're on the subject of the Legion I would think that negotiating with the Legion would be impossible if the player has already killed Caesar and Lanius. It would be difficult to avoid a negative reputation with the Legion during the battle at Hoover Dam but if Caesar and Lanius survive then I'm sure the Legion faction can be reset to neutral afterwards.

I wouldn't expect the Courier to start invading Arizona to take land from the Legion as he has enough on his plate in holding New Vegas. Saying that, I wouldn't say no to letting the NCR use the territory that the Courier has gained such as the Legate's camp as a staging ground for them to plan military operations further into Legion territory. However after losing the Mojave to the Courier they may decide to curb their imperialistic tendencies for a bit and let the Legion fight amongst themselves in the inevitable power vacuum.

Edited by Devilman1975

Just a quick update until I have enough time to put something more substantial out tonight. One aspect of using a modular approach (doing the enabling/disabling via script instead of deleting resources directly in the geck) is that other endgames (NCR, Legion, House) could be implemented somewhat less painfully in this mod.

It does mean more time upfront, it's a slower process than just deleting in geck. But it will allow us to cater to players that chose different masters. It also allows the player to bounce from one ending to another. For instance they could have gone independent, but decided they'd like to keep an alliance with the NCR or even be annexed by them. It would be a lot easier using this method to keep the NV treaty and restore the NCR presence on the damn, strip etc.

Postapocalypticmama has come on board the project. She is a voice actress and will attempt to imitate some of the female companions, which will be invaluable in expanding their quests. So give her a warm welcome and hopefully she'll get a chance to contribute to the thread as well.

Well, I'm not exactly an official team member, but welcome Postapocalypticmama to the discussion, and thank you very much for whatever contribution you may bring. :smile:

Don't worry you don't need a secret decoder ring or anything to be a team member. I appreciate the ideas/opinions/plots you'v contributed.

Talked to Maryberry and although she currently has the plague (no worries, she's always at deaths door) she'll do voice work for us later. She doesn't think she can do credible imitations, but she can help us out with new npc's, random strip denizens etc.

Just contacted Isabelle, hopefully she's still in the scene, or willing to start back up. Previously in the thread I put up a sample of her Marilyn Monroe impression which is amazing, but she's also very talented with graphic design & audio. Plus she has an astounding cache of 50's knowledge.

So for male voices, who has a microphone and is willing to contribute? Huge plus if you can pull off a decent imitation of any of the companions.

I don't have the best microphone yet, though I hope to get some money for a studio microphone soon, I guess I could do Boone, but then, who can't? If not, maybe Arcade Gannon, Acting is a hobby of mine, so I'll do as many voices as you require.

That's great TheAtmosphere, would you be able to put some samples up of male companions, Yesman (and any other major characters like House, the NCR diplomat, Oliver etc) that you have time to do. No rush, do what you can at your own pace. Then we'll see what additional actors are needed (if any). If you have a private site to host them that's great, but there are also a ton of others sites to park them on. I use mediafire a lot.

Well, I'm not exactly an official team member, but welcome Postapocalypticmama to the discussion, and thank you very much for whatever contribution you may bring. :smile:

Not an official member myself but welcome to the fold Postapocalypticmama.

I've just installed the latest version of CAGE (Continue After Games Ending) http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42428//? and I've noticed that some of the problems I previously mentioned before (multiple ED-Es and fast travel disabled) have been ironed out. I'm not sure about Cannibal Johnson tagging along after the battle as I killed him by accident during my fight with Lanius :P. There is no after game content but the author Chrissy M is planning to add that in at some point in the future. Since you both share the same idea of expanding the game after the main quest it might be worthwhile contacting him.

It also allows the player to bounce from one ending to another. For instance they could have gone independent, but decided they'd like to keep an alliance with the NCR or even be annexed by them. It would be a lot easier using this method to keep the NV treaty and restore the NCR presence on the damn, strip etc.

Regarding the negotiations with the NCR I had a look on the wiki and came across the order of withdrawal letter http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_withdrawal used in the Mr House ending. I thought that the Courier could present a similar letter to whoever is running the NCR/Vegas embassy if the player wants to remove the NCR out the Mojave.