An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I'll end up (if I have the time) making the house as seperate mod. The question becomes where to put it. Inside the dam, the water tower, or the welcome center? The first two can be done without upsetting the vanilla game and quest progression the welcome center cannot. I could rig up the welcome center but you guys would have to find a way to implement it in and handle any NPC loss as a result.

For the record I'm in favor of converting one of the water towers or making a separate room/cell inside hoover dam thats connected via a door.

Not the welcome center per se, I was under the impression Lucia was suggesting the room above it. Followe the stairs up and there is a smaller room with a desk, before heading to the top. A NCR power armored troopers stands near it (it's near where you locate the dead engineer. It is part of the hoover dam visitor center cell (HooverDamIntODeck) but it's out of the flow of traffic, easy to get to from the outside and you can pop out on the roof quickly. The only downside is it's a little small.

EDIT: plus it has the advantage of being near your peers, as if you were a commissioned officer, as opposed to being off in some remote dank section of the dam. But there are also rooms we can grab and convert into a player office down by Cassandra. Either way I can do the scripting that will result in the changes you make happening (if the player follows the NCR quests and earns a house) for you.

Ahh I see what you're saying. I'll look into that spot. If all else fails I create a new room inside. I'll have a better idea when I start messing around in there. Once you start placing beds, refrigerator, oven and stuff you quickly get a feel for space.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I see what you're saying. I'll look into that spot. If all else fails I create a new room inside. I'll have a better idea when I start messing around in there. Once you start placing beds, refrigerator, oven and stuff you quickly get a feel for space.

Yeah it's pretty small, especially if your talking large items like a bed, fridge etc (although it has a sofa for crashing on). But it's the atmosphere/character that I'm after.

For example the lucky 38 is great especially for the house faction quest. It's old world, dusty, isolated and reeks of House's character.

For the NCR I want a completely different feel. I want it to feel like the player is in teh middle of a vibrant, dynamic military and civilian organization where your working with others and part of a team. Something that reflects the NCR and your place in it. So I'd like to have troopers near by, the top officers near, all things that make you feel like your directly involved with the NCR's every day concerns, activities and duties.

If we were doing a legion one, I'd want the same thing at the fort or camp. Something that makes you feel like your truly a part of the faction you'v chose.

House and the Independent route are a different story, as that's a more lonely existence and perfectly suited for a old world relic like the lucky 38.

EDIT: plus I'll throw in scripting and dialog, to keep up the appearance that your a vital part of the team, in a dynamic working relationship.

Edited by devinpatterson

Once you start placing beds, refrigerator, oven and stuff you quickly get a feel for space.

As long as they're Sierra Madre beds and ovens :smile:

I was under the impression Lucia was suggesting the room above it. Followe the stairs up and there is a smaller room with a desk, before heading to the top. A NCR power armored troopers stands near it (it's near where you locate the dead engineer. It is part of the hoover dam visitor center cell (HooverDamIntODeck) but it's out of the flow of traffic, easy to get to from the outside and you can pop out on the roof quickly. The only downside is it's a little small.

That's exactly right, in the NCR version it can be Cassandras Office Suite, with bookcases and nice decorations, a small bed and wardrobe fenced off by a Sierra Madre hotel room vanity screen... you know I'm not so hot on the idea of making a standard player home with all the mod cons... it should be more focused on it being an office, with sleeping quarters as a second thought. It can certainly have a hot plate and refrigerator space, giving the impression of being a drinks cabinet or a small home bar inside of it.

It's the HQ of the NCR after all, it should be a command center primarily, but a command center where it's possible to catch a few hours of shut-eye is possible.

There are other places in Hoover Dam where, hopefully anyway, we'll have it so that the player can actually buy a building for themselves where it'd be more grand.

Edited by LuciaofArroyo

That's exactly right, in the NCR version it can be Cassandras Office Suite,

Wouldn't it be Cassandra's in the independent, then the player gets it in the NCR or did I misunderstand?

it should be more focused on it being an office, with sleeping quarters as a second thought. .....It's the HQ of the NCR after all, it should be a command center primarily, but a command center where it's possible to catch a few hours of shut-eye is possible.

Yeah I'd like to see that too. I'd like the player to feel like they are really part of the faction they sides with. An integral member of the NCR.

Wouldn't it be Cassandra's in the independent, then the player gets it in the NCR or did I misunderstand?

Yeah, Cassandra in the Indy version, but also hers in the beginning of the NCR version- the player can be assigned her post, so to speak, at the Dam in the full NCR version.

But either way, it functions as an NCR post to oversee trade between NCR and Arizona, or to oversee NCR expansion into Arizona.

Once you start placing beds, refrigerator, oven and stuff you quickly get a feel for space.

As long as they're Sierra Madre beds and ovens :smile:

I was under the impression Lucia was suggesting the room above it. Followe the stairs up and there is a smaller room with a desk, before heading to the top. A NCR power armored troopers stands near it (it's near where you locate the dead engineer. It is part of the hoover dam visitor center cell (HooverDamIntODeck) but it's out of the flow of traffic, easy to get to from the outside and you can pop out on the roof quickly. The only downside is it's a little small.

That's exactly right, in the NCR version it can be Cassandras Office Suite, with bookcases and nice decorations, a small bed and wardrobe fenced off by a Sierra Madre hotel room vanity screen... you know I'm not so hot on the idea of making a standard player home with all the mod cons... it should be more focused on it being an office, with sleeping quarters as a second thought. It can certainly have a hot plate and refrigerator space, giving the impression of being a drinks cabinet or a small home bar inside of it.

It's the HQ of the NCR after all, it should be a command center primarily, but a command center where it's possible to catch a few hours of shut-eye is possible.

There are other places in Hoover Dam where, hopefully anyway, we'll have it so that the player can actually buy a building for themselves where it'd be more grand.

I just want to make sure that's what devin wants to but sounds good. The only problem is that the space is quite limited a full fledged bed may take up to much room we'll see. I should be able to do some preliminary work in a few days that should give us an idea of what is possible in the space.

Yeah it's pretty small, especially if your talking large items like a bed, fridge etc (although it has a sofa for crashing on). But it's the atmosphere/character that I'm after.

For example the lucky 38 is great especially for the house faction quest. It's old world, dusty, isolated and reeks of House's character.

For the NCR I want a completely different feel. I want it to feel like the player is in teh middle of a vibrant, dynamic military and civilian organization where your working with others and part of a team. Something that reflects the NCR and your place in it. So I'd like to have troopers near by, the top officers near, all things that make you feel like your directly involved with the NCR's every day concerns, activities and duties.

If we were doing a legion one, I'd want the same thing at the fort or camp. Something that makes you feel like your truly a part of the faction you'v chose.

House and the Independent route are a different story, as that's a more lonely existence and perfectly suited for a old world relic like the lucky 38.

EDIT: plus I'll throw in scripting and dialog, to keep up the appearance that your a vital part of the team, in a dynamic working relationship.

I was thinking a more military/wastelander feel Most of what I know about the NCR is seen in FNV which is more military in feel. honestly the NCR may require a bigger area but as I said to lucia I'll have a better idea once i get in there.