An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to make sure that's what devin wants to but sounds good. The only problem is that the space is quite limited a full fledged bed may take up to much room we'll see. I should be able to do some preliminary work in a few days that should give us an idea of what is possible in the space.

I think for that location it does make a lot of sense to go with a office first and foremost. So the couch might work as the bed (new furniture marker if needed, for sleep?), hotplate etc. It would be great if your able to pull of that office look and yet have all the amenities (except space) that a full player home would have. There will probably have to be a fair amount of creativity involved. But you can also put some relevant items down stairs too, like the commissary really should have a reloading bench for the player to use. It's a little extra hassle to go down there, but it will also reinforce the idea of working with your community/faction. You have shared equipment. If that doesn't fly, I can also assign different models to something like a workbench or reloading bench, and make up something small.

I was thinking a more military/wastelander feel Most of what I know about the NCR is seen in FNV which is more military in feel. honestly the NCR may require a bigger area but as I said to lucia I'll have a better idea once i get in there.

I can help with some new models. A cleaner NCR flag, a two headed bear head mounted on the wall. A sequoia in small display stand on the desk, or mounted on the wall. All kind of things we can whip up for the NCR. They have a lot of character in that faction.

Maybe sometime it would be nice to do a BOS house. Maybe we can't alley with the minor factions for the end game quest, but afterwards some players may want to expand the BOS, make a major faction again. Or just have a home in their bunker :wink:

I just want to make sure that's what devin wants to but sounds good. The only problem is that the space is quite limited a full fledged bed may take up to much room we'll see. I should be able to do some preliminary work in a few days that should give us an idea of what is possible in the space.

I think for that location it does make a lot of sense to go with a office first and foremost. So the couch might work as the bed (new furniture marker if needed, for sleep?), hotplate etc. It would be great if your able to pull of that office look and yet have all the amenities (except space) that a full player home would have. There will probably have to be a fair amount of creativity involved. But you can also put some relevant items down stairs too, like the commissary really should have a reloading bench for the player to use. It's a little extra hassle to go down there, but it will also reinforce the idea of working with your community/faction. You have shared equipment. If that doesn't fly, I can also assign different models to something like a workbench or reloading bench, and make up something small.

I was thinking a more military/wastelander feel Most of what I know about the NCR is seen in FNV which is more military in feel. honestly the NCR may require a bigger area but as I said to lucia I'll have a better idea once i get in there.

I can help with some new models. A cleaner NCR flag, a two headed bear head mounted on the wall. A sequoia in small display stand on the desk, or mounted on the wall. All kind of things we can whip up for the NCR. They have a lot of character in that faction.

Maybe sometime it would be nice to do a BOS house. Maybe we can't alley with the minor factions for the end game quest, but afterwards some players may want to expand the BOS, make a major faction again. Or just have a home in their bunker :wink:

If I can get a couch to work as a bed then it should be a problem. As is I was think off hand a naval cot. as for making a small confined space my second house mod I made was done to explore just that option so I think I can pull it off. It may not be big enough for more than one companion but I can work it. As for a BoS that shouldn't be too hard really but I'd want to focus on the NCR and legion house first before doing sub factions.

If I can get a couch to work as a bed then it should be a problem. As is I was think off hand a naval cot. as for making a small confined space my second house mod I made was done to explore just that option so I think I can pull it off. It may not be big enough for more than one companion but I can work it. As for a BoS that shouldn't be too hard really but I'd want to focus on the NCR and legion house first before doing sub factions.

Sounds good.

Don't worry about a legion house for *this* mod, only if it's something you'd like to do for yourself. We have pretty much axed the legion faction ending. It pretty much destroys the whole character of the strip and excises all the other factions. Not a great player environment.

Ok then I'll focus on the NCR house first. I'll actually take a look tonight and begin messing with things. Normally I prefer working in a separate cell but I'll make do.

Edit: the top floor of the visiter center is actually quite large I thought It would be smaller. Defining spaces will be tricky. On a side note I noticed that some of the entrances are barricaded and there's a securitron WTF!

Edit Edit: Are talking about the top floor of the visitor center or the small room at the top?

Edit Edit Edit: Sheesh this annoying. How do I get the geck to open multiple master files? I figured I'd try using OWB and Dead Money assets.

Edited by gunslinger6792

Edit: the top floor of the visiter center is actually quite large I thought It would be smaller. Defining spaces will be tricky. On a side note I noticed that some of the entrances are barricaded and there's a securitron WTF!

Sorry, I guess nexus doesn't send any alert if the msg is edited (as opposed to a new msg).

So not to worry about The Securitron, he's just a messenger from House for "You'll Know It When It Happens", the assassination attempt. He's normally disabled most of the time.

Edit Edit: Are talking about the top floor of the visitor center or the small room at the top?

I was under the impression it's just the small room behind the double doors. It makes a decent sized office.

Edit Edit Edit: Sheesh this annoying. How do I get the geck to open multiple master files? I figured I'd try using OWB and Dead Money assets.

First shut down the geck. Then look for geckcustom.ini in game save folder (usually) inside Documents->My Games->FalloutNV. Make a backup copy (of GECKCustom.ini), your going to make a simple edit, but just in case it's good to have a copy. Open GECKCustom.ini I use notepad. Search in notepad for;

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads

It will probably say "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=0" change it to 1 (ie bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1). Save and exit. Right click->Properties on GECKCustom.ini to get it's properties. Tick the read only box.

All done.

Dukov's lamp's mesh is in the BSA, pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/DukovsLamp_zps19f1572e.jpg

The form itself may also be in the geck ready to drop right in, but I havn't found it yet (searched lamp and dukov). If it's not I can make a new form for it. Either way it could make a decent little lamp for a whorehouse. It could also be a sculpture if you want me to retex it in gold or something. With decimate or poly reduce in blender, it can also be made into earrings, amulet or other jewelry.

Ok then I'll focus on the NCR house first. I'll actually take a look tonight and begin messing with things. Normally I prefer working in a separate cell but I'll make do.

Cr*p, I forgot to mention not to delete anything. I know that seems kind of weird, but it's so I can implement everything through a script. The idea is that if you get this as a home it will change in not only in regard to the items there but also the nature of those items. So one example will be the couch, the model will look the same, but it's actually different and will allow sleeping instead of just sitting like the vanilla one. A little script will implement that change as soon as the room is the players.

Hopefully that doesn't make it too much of a pain in teh butt to keep all the items, as I imagine having to look through and around things could complicate the process. You probably already know this, but the geck has a shortcut to make items temporarily disappear. Helps to move triggers and other primatives out of the way, so you can select what you want in the render window and makes it easier to see. It's just the number 1. Select whatever is in the way and hit 1 to make it transparent. When you want to get any of those items back, f5 will reset them all.

So furniture markings were a whole new thing to me. All done through nifskope, my *other* old nemesis. But I was able to put it together and now we have this (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/couchAsBed_zps5d212454.jpg

It should save a lot of room not requiring a bed in there.

When you look at the couch, at the left end it will say sit (not sure how to change that), but choosng that brings up the sleep menu, and NPC's recognize it correctly as well. If you look in the middle you can sit down. I suppose it's possible that one NPC could sit on the sleeping legs of another, not sure.

The furniture markers themselves are kind of interesting. I thought I might put one on both ends of the desk so the players companions or NCR visitors could sit there. It would be a natural sort of hanging out position, more relaxed.

well my house is up (minus the nexus mucking up my file picture grrrr) here it is if your interested. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/51260//?

Good deal, looking forward to checking it out :smile:

On to the matter at hand though. I've not deleated anything so thats not a problem.

Good deal. If it turns out you have to, because some items are just blocking something and you can't get an angle on it, I can remove the delete records with FNVedit....but quicker if we don't have to.

I made a mini workbench, you can see the difference in size here (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/reloadingBench_zps6b19befe.jpg

And here it is in game (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/reloadingBenchInGame_zps1aded83b.jpg

That should clear up a lot of room. What other large items are there, that could be downsized (so it helps make room in the office)? Maybe a normal workbench?