An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

well my house is up (minus the nexus mucking up my file picture grrrr) here it is if your interested. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/51260//?

Good deal, looking forward to checking it out :smile:

On to the matter at hand though. I've not deleated anything so thats not a problem.

Good deal. If it turns out you have to, because some items are just blocking something and you can't get an angle on it, I can remove the delete records with FNVedit....but quicker if we don't have to.

I made a mini workbench, you can see the difference in size here (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/reloadingBench_zps6b19befe.jpg

And here it is in game (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/reloadingBenchInGame_zps1aded83b.jpg

That should clear up a lot of room. What other large items are there, that could be downsized (so it helps make room in the office)? Maybe a normal workbench?

That desk for one thing. I can delete furniture right? the biggest thing on my end is how I am going to implment the things you've added? Are they BSA format stuff if so I don't know how to add that or insert into the game without making your esp a dependency. The reloading bench thing you've added can be attached to a workbench which would save alot of space.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That desk for one thing. I can delete furniture right?

Well you don't want to delete anything so that if the player doesn't take the office it doesn't change. But for items you do want to disappear right click & hit edit on them in render window. Then tick "Persistent Reference" and fill end the Reference editor id. For instance on the coffee table it's object base is called SubCoffeeTableDirty01 the normal convention is to add a REF to teh end of the name, like; SubCoffeeTableDirty01REF

This way I can add them to the script and turn the room from the default office to the player home and vicer versa. Just jot down the Reference editor id for everything you want removed and I'll add it to the script.

As far as deleting the desk, it would be nice IMHO if you could keep everything that's in there, and just add stuff. But some of that is just going to depend on your artistic judgement, so if you have to remove something to make it look good, then it's understandable.

My first basic thoughts are just adding items that A. fit the NCR theme (some patriotic decorations enhancing the faction atmosphere), B. are utilitarian and needed in every house mod (storage, hotplate, reloading bench etc) and C. make the place look lived in.

Oh speaking of the hot plate, might be nice to put it next to the reloading bench so that you can melt the lead on it.

the biggest thing on my end is how I am going to implment the things you've added? Are they BSA format stuff if so I don't know how to add that or insert into the game without making your esp a dependency.

I can merge it into the mod, but that's not as much fun as having it in there when you start, so you can move it around see where it fits best etc. So if you havn't started it, maybe wait a day and I'll whip up a bunch of models, put it in an esp along with a bsa and send it over to you. Then I'll make a list of the editor id's of each new object and you can go to town on it.

Sound good?

The reloading bench thing you've added can be attached to a workbench which would save a lot of space.

Sure, or alternately we can make part of the desk a workbench, just like I did for the reloading bench. That way you don't loose any space. The edge of the desk has nothing on there (other than a hypothetical furniture marker). I'll start to work on a mini work bench.

Oh I forgot to offer an explanation for the office and deleting resources. Basically it's like going to a new job and bringing in all your junk, but to a greater degree, since you'll be living there. It's better if you don't cart off the furniture, but rather bring new stuff in.

Obviously the courier could get away with tossing the old furniture over the dam, virtually no one is going to tell him/her not too. but this is just a friendlier way of setting up shop without pissing off all your NCR compatriots and acting the part of a diva/golden boy, tossing stuff over the side.

Ok I can hold off a few days. I'll go in though in play around with a few ideas. No matter what I'll try to keep things in their place.

Sounds good, I'll try to get them done today. It's going to be a slow day at work and I'll bring my netbook. I'll do the two headed bear mounted on the wall. A pair of sequoias on the wall and anything else I think of that will add character. If you think of anything that would add to teh NCR theme/atmosphere or that is essential for a house mod, but needs to be downsized, just post it. That we can knock this out quick and get the assets over to you today or tomorrow.

One other little thing. That office is right next to the stairway leading up to the roof. The player would have a great view of the dam and bazar. Plenty of room up there to plop down a few items like a chair without encroaching on the land pad. So that might be a interesting little area to develop if you want.

I made a mini workbench, you can see the difference in size here (pic);

So furniture markings were a whole new thing to me. All done through nifskope, my *other* old nemesis. But I was able to put it together and now we have this (pic);

These are great.

I take it it'll be no problem to put the Dustys Desires and the bazaar signs (when i get to doing them) into the game lol I'll try and get some of those done either this evening or tomorrow so it's ready to be used.

Nicely done. that just doesn't sound right now

LOL, yeah not going to mistake Dusty's line of business

Thank you, thank you. I was thinking the main entrance sign for Dustys would be painted onto "chunk of scrap metal" and hoisted above or beside wherever the door may be, I was wondering how that looks and whether I need to improve on the textures of signs. I can do that, but I didn't know whether it would be necessary or not. If it looks cool when it's put into the game, then it's fine as it is.

I also started on a few other signs of the same style and font to be placed inside of the bar, just to use as decoration on the walls really.

Dukov's lamp's mesh is in the BSA, pic;

How about the Mojave Outpost texture.. the two rangers shaking hands? To have in gold would look a little out of place, but if it's scrap metal then it'll blend in perfectly... then it's just a matter of positioning lights to make it stand out... it could be a centerpiece in the middle of the bar or behind the bar, or mounted on the wall... geez, i don't know. I'll think of something good when we get to looking at the bar properly.

btw do let me know when you've got a way to merge .esp files together, I'll send you the updated NPC Resource when you have, and -idk if you read it- but to get sandcrete and the meo vault interior building sets working properly we're probably going to have to merge them too, maybe make them into an .esm?

You know more about that than I do so... over to you.

ohh just had a flash of inspiration!

The robotist character... aside from being responsible for the new robots floating around... there can be a quest involving the player taking Marylin to him, or taking him some Securitron schematics and from there he can make upgrades and additions to the securitrons; adding an extra layer of armor, that kind of thing.

Like a robot body shop tailor made to the securitrons.