An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devinpatterson, on 04 Aug 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:

Taht would be great and much appreciated. The story is by far the most important part of this mod and I think we would all appreciate the input. We also desperately need voice actors especially if you can do a passable imitation of any of the NPC's or companions. But even if you can't we definitely need your help as a voice actor. If you get a chance can you record the following lines (in your natural voice);

1. With Mr. House dead, what will happen to New Vegas? <worried>

2. I'v heard he's called the monster of the east <fearful>

3. All of the securitrons are different now. <puzzled>

4. I was here during the riots, It was horrible <fearful>

Here they are. I didn't quote the lines exactly as you had them. I put a little spin on them, but they are virtually the same. Hope you enjoy. I can do another set if you'd like. I tried to make my voice sound a little gruffer, but still similar enough. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3auzaord6q9v7bu/Viva_Las_Vegas.rar

And just to clarify, what parts of the story have you guys already covered and what do you still need help with?

And thank you for giving me a chance to be apart of this amazing mod.

Edited by TheBlueKidd

@TheBlueKidd - Well, speaking strictly for myself... wow!!! You've got just the right voice (and equipment), and the gruffness makes you sound like one of the VA's in New Vegas Bounties.

Maybe it's time to make a master bible document so that we know what's set in stone and what's not? There are some really great ideas in here, but some things remain unclear to me and reading 74 pages with some repeated comments can be a lot of work. Anyone up for the challenge?

@TheBlueKidd - Well, speaking strictly for myself... wow!!! You've got just the right voice (and equipment), and the gruffness makes you sound like one of the VA's in New Vegas Bounties.

Maybe it's time to make a master bible document so that we know what's set in stone and what's not? There are some really great ideas in here, but some things remain unclear to me and reading 74 pages with some repeated comments can be a lot of work. Anyone up for the challenge?

Thanks darkus! That really means a lot to me! Yeah I've been scanning the thread for the last few days to get an idea of how far you guys have come along, and I'm only 30 pages in haha. An outline with what's done and what needs doing would be really helpful to me and others alike. Good idea.

Edited by TheBlueKidd

Oh and if this hasn't been brought up yet, but maybe everyone should set up a way to communicate with each other, other then the forums just to speed things along/communicate ideas a bit quicker.

Nice job on the voice acting, welcome aboard!

There's a lot of dialogue still being written so it'll be a while before we've got any real scripts to be voiced. Hang in there ;)

Wait, wait, wait!

What about Sloan, Primm, McCarren, Novac and all of the city New Vegas? And Nellis! And Helios! And the Fiends!

ok, i'll be helpful lol

So far we've got:

Hoover Dam

1) All Versions - Van Buren inspired town on the exterior in all versions - little boat there for exploration missions, trade missions with crimson caravan, a hell of a lot of new merchants and mini quests

2) NCR Version - Hoover Dam Office Sections become an NCR HQ, NCR missions into Arizona and down the Colorado River, NCR Troops have a larger presence on the exterior/town of the Dam, NCR sandcrete terrain buildings and Fallout 2 Gun Turrets

3) House Version - Office Sections largely empty :( Securitrons have a presence on the exterior/town of the Dam

4) Independent Version - (up to the player; can mix and match the above) extra trade missions - player can convince the locals to support a New Vegas militia outpost for trade purposes

Nipton (hearing suggestions)

1) All Versions - clean up the town and put out the fires, put some settlers there

2) Independent Version - player can rebuild the town

Mojave Outpost

1) All Versions - mega rebuild with the Sandcrete building set and Fallout 2 Gun Turrets

2) NCR Version - many more missions here (that goes without saying)

Black Mountain

1) All Versions - reopen the facility for the players faction of choice

Crimson Caravan HQ

1) All Versions - rebuilt as a small NCR Fort

2) NCR Version - many more missions here

New Vegas City

1) House Version - gradual high tech rebuild as all Houses missions (as yet undiscussed) progress

2) NCR Version - larger NCR presence, minor resculpting of Vegas and Freeside with NCR flags etc

3) Independent Version - totally up to the player; able to build new businesses and conduct trade missions etc

Yes Colonel Moore does get promoted to Brigadier General after the end of the game. Not to mention that there is already post-end-game audio for her in the game files describing what has happened after the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

I really, really hope we can find an audio actor for her. I suspect she'll be delivering a lot of the NCR military quest lines.

The office section would be a pretty good place to make a new official NCR headquarters/ military base to overlook Arizona, I don't know about the House version though... maybe another securitron vault?

It'd probably look that way (like a securitron vault) to some extant, with only bots (at least initially, he might bring some techs in but I doubt it, probably only securitrons, mr handy's etc). I'd like to keep the clutter and what from the NCR offices, (in the House mod). Sort of a forgotten tomb scattered with debris that stand as a monument to the NCR's two greatest battles.

It's hard to imagine what House would really do with the Dam when he's gotten his hands on it, other than do the same thing as NCR; mildly tolerate a civilian/worker population which they all have to tolerate otherwise there would be nobody to work the machines.

Possibly, but being Robco, I suspect House is more than capable of running the dam with automatons, and they do have some obvious advantages over humans when it comes to bribery, blackmail, laziness etc. But that doesn't impact the Hoover settlement. It does however give a ambiance much like the lucky 38 and that fits well for me.

Actually maybe this is a good middle ground for Hoover Dam; in House/Independent/NCR there'll be a settlement on the exterior of the Dam, so the town will be there, and then the office section inside of the Dam is changed to reflect either House/Independent/NCR. The NCR version would have more content at this location since they're all about pushing into Arizona, and House would have relatively little content, and the Independent version would well.. be a mixture of the two, depending on the players choices.

Absolutely :thumbsup:

:smile: I hadn't read those. Crazier than I imagined by far. Although they should mention on the wiki page that the flowers were one of many reincarnations of the same dude that Dent was constantly killing (inadvertently).

Could be a nice expansion for the Wild Wasteland trait :wink:

Definitely :smile: and I believe Darkus had also mentioned a couple we can add as well.

I mean, if the chances of encountering these were like 5% or something small with each fast travel then it'd be great; a good way to give the player little reward items. Thinking about it, this would have been easy as hell for the game makers to have put into F3 or Vegas..

Yeah we can make them a small chance, the exception rather than the rule. And we can have lists that are appropriate to the general areas. Divide them up among normal and WW encounters etc. It will be fun.

Oh also I'll start working on a Ranger expansion (been meaning two) to give them much more variety. They'll be coming in from Baja (apparently) with the other NCR expansion. I'm basing it on the original artwork. Here are some pics;

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/2/22/NCR_Ranger_concept3.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/2/22/NCR_Ranger_concept2.jpg

I wonder if a specialized trooper or two would be in order as well. Lucia do you remember anything iconic re: NCR troops from FO1 or 2?