the practicallity of a zombie apocalypse

TheCalliton

Less this really. Yeah, that's how it ends in movies, and yeah most everyone is gun-shy. But when you really dig below the surface of humanity, the only reason why we don't kill each other indiscriminately is because either someone else cares about that person and will go to just about any length for vengeance, or we will feel overwhelming guilt and sadness for killing someone close to us.

Both are kinda moot when the person is already dead.

And splattering their brain across the tile with a broken toilet seat can sometimes be the best available way that you can make sure that they rest in peace. Nobody ever said that love was pretty.

There are at least two forces than can overcome any unwillingness to kill zombies.

Fear, terror, the fight or flight instinct.

The general drive of survival for one selves and others; one kills a dead family member so as to save one self and any living family members to keep them alive.

Zombies may look like loved ones for a short time but given a chance to rot, and they do rot, that illusion soon enough slips away. Also zombies 'do not sound or behave' like loved ones unless your loved ones normally make strange, disturbing noises and try to eat your brains. Thankfully, so far, mine have not done so.

Edited by Maharg67

*sign*

Why not once the Ultimate Cream Pie Battle for a topic? At least you can after wards eat the sweet remains from the others face directly instead of having brains skatterd around everywhere in the aftermath!:biggrin:

I'm not having troubles bringing Family members before court and get them in jail, why should i have and moral problems killing them? They commited 2 unpardonable crimes against me allready. In case of zombie apocalypso my 1st choise of killing, in live they are unbareable for me to see living, in the living death it would be ultimate endless agony for me and a little part of justice for me killing them.

Zombie look-a-likes can occur, like flesh eating organisms and mind control. But real zombies? No, not really. As for killing them, turn them vegans Edited by brokenergy

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a thought:

Rabies.

The following symptoms are pretty close already"

Anxiety, stress, and tension

Drooling

Convulsions

Exaggerated sensation at the bite site

Excitability

Loss of feeling in an area of the body

Loss of muscle function

Low-grade fever (102 degrees F or lower)

Muscle spasms

Numbness and tingling

Pain at the site of the bite

Restlessness

Swallowing difficulty (drinking causes spasms of the voicebox)

Malaise (feeling out of sorts, this can get extremely bad to the point of complete confusion)

It wouldn't take much mutation in the virus to cause it to shift gears in some areas. For example the difficulty swallowing would have to alter, and since it is an effect of the virus attacking the CNS, it would have to mutate to target slightly different areas of the CNS, but probably not too much. It would also have to cause more rapid damage to the higher reasoning areas of the brain. This means that the overall incubation would need to be faster, closer to 24 hours. It would also have to damage to portions of your brain that tell the afflicted individual how hungry they are and how often they are hungry. And finally it would have to slow it's assault of the respiratory functions of the body to prolong the afflicted individuals life.

People suffering from a variation of rabies like this would be frighteningly close to zombies, but they still aren't undead, as that just... well, that just wouldn't work, unless it's a fungus type infections, and for that all you really need to do is look at the Cordyceps genus of fungi.

Edited by Sepherose

That is actually what the Green Flu from Left 4 Dead is based off of. Not to mention 28 Days (Weeks) Later with Rage.

There was already a zombie outbreak in Washington, D.C. The zombies starved due to a complete absence of brains throughout the entire District of Columbia.

I thought the zombies in washington were all collected in the various branches of congress?