Anyone else often clicking the wrong quote button?

dikr

This is kind of a nitpicky thing in regards to the forum layout (coming from a web designer) and maybe it's a personal 'disorder' by having a highly visual brain, but I very often click the wrong quote button in long threads as the bar which contains it (as well as the Back to Top, Report (!), Edit and Multiquote buttons) has more of a visual link (in tone) with the post below it.

This is due to the two horizontal tonal bars behind the quote bar creating a rudimentary gradient towards the post underneath rather than the other way around. And additionally due to that bar sitting right on top of the next post without division, much like tabs. A solution would be to simply swap those tones around, but any, more obvious, visual divide between posts should do the trick.

edit: To see exactly what I mean this thread needs a few more posts :smile:

re-edit: typo and the remark that this is obviously regarding the desktop version of the forums.

Regards!

Dikr

Edited by dikr

I know exactly what you are talking about. On a short thread like this one you would think the quote button is obvious and no one could mistake it, but on a longer thread I find my mind interprets it differently. It has become my routine when quoting in a long thread to scroll to the top of the page to get my bearings as to which quote button goes with which post.

It's not a big problem - minor annoyance. I'm guessing it doesn't effect everyone the same way and may be a slight bit of dyslexia on my part, but yes it would be nice to change it.

On the other hand, those without a problem wouldn't be inclined to post to the topic, given the title.

That said, the "Quote" button would most commonly be wanted/used when one has finished reading a post, not at the start/top. :whistling:

That said, the "Quote" button would most commonly be wanted/used when one has finished reading a post, not at the start/top. :whistling:

Admittedly, 53 years of nexus experience could be a strong indication of senility. :laugh: