CBBE Bodies Not Showing up in Game

pABSO

Hello All,

I've been working with CBBE and Bodyslide for Fallout 4 for the last week trying to get the files to import into the game with no luck. I've watched Gopher's video three separate times (amongst others) and read the mod page the same number of times. The outfit and bodies preview fine. The body and outfits build without error and yet the changes aren't reflected in game. BodySlide is in the Data\Tools folder and the Fallout4Custom.ini has the required added text. I'd be really appreciative if someone could point out whatever mistake I'm invariably overlooking. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I apologize if this was answered elsewhere. I did a search for CBBE and Bodyslide but didn't see the question answered after searching through five pages.

Open Bodyslide and Outfit Studio - Click on Settings (Down the Bottom of the Tool):

Ensure the Target Game field = Fallout 4

and Ensure the Game Data Path Field = Fallout 4 Launcher Path\Data

The default location for Fallout 4 Launcher would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

so if you have installed your fallout 4 to the default place, then copy this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\ <-- (into the Game Data Path Field)

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately even in administrator mode the in-game bodies fail to update. I did notice that the FemaleBody.nif file located in the Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets shows an updated Date Modified but the same file in Fallout 4\Data\Tools\meshes\actors\character\characterassets does not. I also don't see any change to the modified date for the various outfit .nif files.

can you copy and paste the address you have for Game Data Path, so i can definitely make sure that the path is definitely correct for bodyslide.

that is literally the only thing i can think of, i mean it is very straight forward to get cbbe in game. because you mention the femalebody.nif is not being modified, that would assume that bodyslide does not know where it is located.

which means the issue could very well be wrong data paths being provided. unless their is some type of security you have in place, that is preventing files being moved and or modified.

can you list your mod list as well. to see if their is a potential mod that could be causing this issue, i cant imagine their is, but unique player as example is a mod that has problems with CBBE and Bodyslide, and the same is true if you happen to be using Mod Organizer, as that moves all mods to a virtual drive (which does not install into fallout 4 data folder), this will cause issues with mods that has to be in the data folder, i would imagine cbbe is 1 such mod. however i have never used mod organizer so i am only speculating here. but i do know that certain content has to be in the actual game data folder.

i am mentioning all of this, because as said, CBBE is pretty much plug 'n' Play, that requires very minimal user input. so when you get an issue with it, you have to start thinking outside the box, hence this reply.

Edited by Guest

can you copy and paste the address you have for Game Data Path, so i can definitely make sure that the path is definitely correct for bodyslide.

that is literally the only thing i can think of, i mean it is very straight forward to get cbbe in game. because you mention the femalebody.nif is not being modified, that would assume that bodyslide does not know where it is located.

which means the issue could very well be wrong data paths being provided. unless their is some type of security you have in place, that is preventing files being moved and or modified.

can you list your mod list as well. to see if their is a potential mod that could be causing this issue, i cant imagine their is, but unique player as example is a mod that has problems with CBBE and Bodyslide, and the same is true if you happen to be using Mod Organizer, as that moves all mods to a virtual drive (which does not install into fallout 4 data folder), this will cause issues with mods that has to be in the data folder, i would imagine cbbe is 1 such mod. however i have never used mod organizer so i am only speculating here. but i do know that certain content has to be in the actual game data folder.

i am mentioning all of this, because as said, CBBE is pretty much plug 'n' Play, that requires very minimal user input. so when you get an issue with it, you have to start thinking outside the box, hence this reply.

Sure thing: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide

My mod list:

CBBE

BodySlide & Outfit Studio

A bit more information, I've run the mods through both Nexus Mod Manager and manually with no success. I am not using any other mod managers. Also the FemaleBody.nif is showing as updated in Windows Explorer but the other files are not. It's a really weird situation I set CBBE and Bodyslide up just fine for Skyrim Se but Fallout 4 is a no go...

Something just occurred to me! In the Skyrim version of BodySlide there are hands and feet that need to be built, I don't see these in Fallout 4 are there supposed to be hands and feet in BodySlide for FO 4? One more thing the Fallout 4 Data folder has two folders each for meshes and textures. The first pair is located here: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data, while the second pair is here: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Tools. I'm going to yank the second pair and see what happens I'll report back later.

the address you have for the Game Data Path Field should just be: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\

Exactly as this: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\

Replace what you currently have, with that directly above.

yes their should be another backslash after the word Data

Edited by Guest