update 1.6

zzjay

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at this point, is it even worth playing for those who have mods (I have only 40) or better to just wait for modders to make the necessary changes with 1.6 out?

I've played for a few hours today with new patch without any issues and running 50+ mods. Only way to find out is load up your game and see how the mods you use run with new patch.

So for anyone who has the 1.6 update (I'm downloading it now) are the controls for mounted combat easier to deal with? As in, is it actually possible to aim and hit something while fighting something smaller than a giant?

I think you may have been suffering from this issue:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/699347-attention-mod-authors-mounted-combat-and-race-records/

1.6 downloaded without me even know, with steam on idle for a couple hours... Yet I know i turned off the automatic updating, is there some other way to block automatic updates at least for Skyrim?

Steam updated my Skyrim as well despite having the option to not keep it updated. What a piece of crap Software. Anway, as for as I can tell for now, most of my mods still work and I have about 118 running. Only thing I really had to update was FNIS and SKSE. I'm sure theres other mods out there thats going to need updating but it's still playable. I don't really care about horse combat since I actually like walking and running than horse riding anyway.

Oh God... It just updated for me and now I'm nervous to start my game up. :ohdear:

I'm running 50-60 mods and I've only run into 2 bugs; this mounted combat one, and another where followers aren't sheathing their weapons. Considering that a *lot* of other games completely break all mods when the game updates, this is very very good, and the bugs are minor enough that I can keep playing.

However I do recommend making backups of your save files before playing, just in case.

I've pretty much got every Armor and Clothing item in Skyrim loose on my HDD, plus pretty much every weapon has had it's mesh swapped for another one (like some Jysus swords meshes and stuff), also running ENB (last you'll ever need ver.) Monster Mod, Deadly Dragons, BDO, Skyforge Wepons, Dragon Bone weapons, More Craftables, Legendary Smithing, plus about 2 dozen self modified Vanilla or added NPC's and haven't had an issue ... As mentioned thousands of times on pretty much every forum, over and over again,

Not running any skeleton or animation mods ... and not using SKSE ...