Hawken vs Mechwarrior

lonewolfkai

Well, I guess there's always Mechwarrior Online. It's in open beta now I think. I've heard a lot of negative things about it though. Like when you shoot another mech the projectiles miss half the time, whether they be energy, missile, or bullet, even if you have a perfectly aimed target reticle. However, I suspect that may be a feature in the game. Perhaps you need to develop skills for better mech accuracy.

I was in closed beta. And the netcode had gotten so bad, and it's only slightly ping this issue, that the when you shot directly at light fast mech, you would NEVER cause damage. You even had to lead lasers 1-4 mech lengths ahead of the enemy to make hits.

Was hilarious, and sad, when they added ECM to the game, which mostly only a small selection of light mechs could use, which effectively made them immune to lock on missiles in most situations. (the SSRMs were the only thing that were consistently effective against light mechs).

So what happens is they had 4man teams (the max number in the 'PUG' queue) running around in lag shielded, ECM packing, roadrunners GGOLOLOLing against random players not on TS3.

They have made a decent attempt at fixing the lag shield though, it's still there, but it's more closely related to your ping and packet loss. ie mechs will teleport around if your connection is s*** and you'll have to lead a little bit. But nothing terrible like it was. And it was terrible. for months on end.

um.. yeah. It's OK I suppose. Main issue right now is the match maker will usually put complete noobs on your team so you get stomped a lot. It's random apart from trying to match weight classes of the mechs so it's even across the teams. Unless you join a team of 3 other good players, then you get to remove the chances of getting all noobs on your team and instead get to replace them with good players. Every time.

Edited by Ghogiel

Well, I guess there's always Mechwarrior Online. It's in open beta now I think. I've heard a lot of negative things about it though. Like when you shoot another mech the projectiles miss half the time, whether they be energy, missile, or bullet, even if you have a perfectly aimed target reticle.

I was pretty sure it was a turn-based strategy game, not a fps.

Hawken could have done it, but instead they went with the simplified loadout system that is present in almost every other Multiplayer FPS game these days.

Well, I guess there's always Mechwarrior Online. It's in open beta now I think. I've heard a lot of negative things about it though. Like when you shoot another mech the projectiles miss half the time, whether they be energy, missile, or bullet, even if you have a perfectly aimed target reticle.

I was pretty sure it was a turn-based strategy game, not a fps.

It's not a turn based strategy.

Mechwarrior online is a Sim/FPS game. What your thinking of Vagrant is the new Mechwarrior Tactics.

My opinion of MWT is just don't bother.

MWO is worth a go though... well if you are a fan of the franchise anyway.

Oooh, I didn't know about MWT. IS that out now?

I'm definately a big fan. Does the MWO have PVE features or is it strictly arena PVP?

Mechwarrior online is a Sim/FPS game. What your thinking of Vagrant is the new Mechwarrior Tactics.

It's in closed beta. They hand out keys all the time, you need to sign up to get one.

I'm definately a big fan. Does the MWO have PVE features or is it strictly arena PVP?

It's PvP 8v8 death match. They are going to expand to 12v12 in 2-3 months, but the 4 maps they have now I think will only support the 8v8. The next maps they produce will support the 12v12.

There will be no PvE in MWO. At least not for the next year or more...

It's in closed beta. They hand out keys all the time, you need to sign up to get one.

It's PvP 8v8 death match. They are going to expand to 12v12 in 2-3 months, but the 4 maps they have now I think will only support the 8v8. The next maps they produce will support the 12v12.

There will be no PvE in MWO. At least not for the next year or more...

Oh, that's is very disappointing. When I had first heard about MWO, I was very excited and looking forward to doing both PvE or P, but not strictly one. Well I guess that removes MWO for me then :(

Harken is better. Obviously the graphics won't but as MechWarrrior runs on Cryengine 3 but the gameplay is great, it's pretty well balanced and if you have an Nvidia card the PhysX looks great. Edited by DJKnightDnB