Not impressed.

DanielDuncan

I have looked through about 400 mods for this game. I am, by and large, unimpressed with the variety and quality of the mods. By my count, there are less than 30 mods for this game that actually add anything substantial to this game, things that actually have an impact, changing the game in a way that brings variety and replayability to the game. There are no less than ten mods that increase the settlement cap, where such a mod is not even necessary, so useless.

I have looked through about 400 mods for this game. I am, by and large, unimpressed with the variety and quality of the mods. By my count, there are less than 30 mods for this game that actually add anything substantial to this game, things that actually have an impact, changing the game in a way that brings variety and replayability to the game. There are no less than ten mods that increase the settlement cap, where such a mod is not even necessary, so useless.

Well, there are almost 27K mods for Fallout 4, only on nexus. Keep looking. The 'good' mods aren't always the top downloaded or endorsed, and their names aren't always self-explanatory, so it might take time and effort before you find something that suits you.

I don't know what you mean by "substantial".

I used to be involved in larger projects for Oblivion a decade ago. Now, I just don't have time, so I decided to make smaller mods for Fallout 4.

Stuff like a face preset, a mod that sends an assassin after you but gives you a protector (Terminator inspired) and now I'm working on a companion mod/alternate ending option.

I'll keep it simple but solid. If you want an expansion with a landmass, sorry, Bethesda will have to pay me (or at least allow me to sell mods). I won't be involved in anything bigger than 3 quests on a vanilla landmass.

i cant wait to see you spend over 1000 hours on a mod only for someone else to jump in and say the mod is rubbish or it should of been catered towards them. an aweful lot of people do not understand what it takes to make a mod, especially a massive mod, baring in mind these mods are made completely free of charge for the end user, yet costs the author a lot of time, time that could of been spent in a real job making real money but no the authors decided to spend that time making free mods for the masses. yes quite a few mods will not appeal to you, but again they cost the author time, while you are reaping the benefits free of charge, you have to respect that. especially for games as old as fallout and skyrim.

case in point, you have absolutely no entitlement here, you are not doing the authors favors by downloading their mods, and then moaning about the quality of them, especially when you are not benefiting them at all.

the only gratitude authors get is possitive feedback and endorsements to their mods, many do not even do this, it may seem like an arbitrary number to you, but seeing endorsements means people are enjoying your content, which means you did not make it in vein and all that time you spent was not wasted. especially applicable to massive mods, because why would an author spend thousands of hours on a mod that will only be used by themselves.

Edited by Guest

Well, in that case it seems you'd better play some more unmodded Fallout 4.

I, for one, would rather perform a lobotomy on myself with a power drill than do exactly that but everyone is different, like some of us are better at finding, recognizing and appreciating great mods than others I suppose.

Edited by dikr