Unable to start Fallout 4 with the script extender

mrnapolean1

Unable to start Fallout 4 with the script extender. Starts up just fine using the steam shortcut. It opens I see the Vault Tec loading icon for 1 second and then a white box comes up saying Fallout 4 has stopped working.

I have deleted ALL Mods and Mod managers from my PC.

Ive used the "verify integrity of game files" option from within steam.

I want to get Fallout 4 to work with F4SE without having to redownload the full 86.5 GB of the game.

Nevermind. My dumbass missed a dll inside the F4SE directory.

Edited by mrnapolean1

If you use Vortex, to start Fallout 4 with F4SE

Just click on DASHBOARD (in vortex), then to the right of the rectangle that says Fallout 4, click ADD TOOL.
Navigate to F4SE_Loader.exe which should be in Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\

Select F4SE_Launcher.exe click OK

Now, F4SE should show up in it's own rectangle next to Fallout 4 in the dashboard,

one more important thing to do, click the thee vertical dots in the F4SE rectangle, and select MAKE PRIMARY.

That will run the F4SE_Launcher.exe whenever you click on the PLAY button for Fallout 4 from Vortex

Everyone on my other thread was saying use Wire Bash. I installed it and cant figure it out. Im gonna try it again.

It's WRYE bash, not WYRE bash. Like RYE Bread, not Telephone WIRE. ;)

I use Wrye Bash extensively, but am slowing switching over to Vortex.

Wrye Bash is powerful, but it does have a heavy learning curve, but once you learn it, you'll love it.

I c

Everyone on my other thread was saying use Wire Bash. I installed it and cant figure it out. Im gonna try it again.

It's WRYE bash, not WYRE bash. Like RYE Bread, not Telephone WIRE. :wink:

I use Wrye Bash extensively, but am slowing switching over to Vortex.
Wrye Bash is powerful, but it does have a heavy learning curve, but once you learn it, you'll love it.

Vortex wouldn't let me sort my load order. My mods where all over the place. And thanks for correcting me on the saying of Wyre Bash. To me it looked like Wire Bash so thats why I was calling it that. :)

A question about WYRE BASH, I had two .esl files (creation club items I got for free) how do I get them to work with wyre bash?