Items disappear when dropped

PotatosPotatos

For some reason, every time I drop anything it is removed from my inventory but does not drop to the ground. This has been going on for a while and it's really annoying. Before, I could drop items and pick them back up with no problem, but now they disappear when dropped. I have no idea what is causing this. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

• 2 months later...
It started happening to me after the 1.6 patch STEAMypile was gracious enough to force on us. It seems to happen with modded weapons. I have no solution for it and am often just remaking the item (if that character has the ability) or going back to my prior save (which I now do often) I have auto save on averything I do.

• 4 months later...

runningaround you are my Hero of the Day!

I was pulling my hair out because I couldn't place weapons on my weapon plaques, so I figured if I could just throw the weapons on the ground and console them into position, it would ok, but then I found I couldn't even toss items onto the ground!

This fix worked for all my problems, which were HUGE, considering my favorite past time in this game is to find and collect rare souls to enchant into their own weapons, like Potema, and then proudly display them on my weapon racks.

Stay Gold, my good man!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

runningaround you are ALSO my Hero of the Day!! The Throwing weapons mod was working fine for so long...???? But I uninstalled it and now everything works again.

I may try and reload it again later. I've grown attached to my Captain Skyrim Shield!!!

Thank you again running around!!

• 5 weeks later...

Woot this totally works! (Should note: The RE-installing part is critical. Just uninstalling doesn't fix it. I BELIEVE you can uninstall again properly after it's fixed, and it won't cause the issue.)

What do you mean by reinstalling? Reinstalling Skyrim or reinstalling Throwing Weapons?

And it's happening with me on annything I drop, not just weapons (vanilla books, modded armor, etc.).

• 1 month later...

Woot this totally works! (Should note: The RE-installing part is critical. Just uninstalling doesn't fix it. I BELIEVE you can uninstall again properly after it's fixed, and it won't cause the issue.)

What do you mean by reinstalling? Reinstalling Skyrim or reinstalling Throwing Weapons?

And it's happening with me on annything I drop, not just weapons (vanilla books, modded armor, etc.).

Sorry I took so long to reply- hope you already fixed the issue, but in case not, I meant the mod. Runningaround's fix instructions for the throwing weapons mod were: "Deactivate. Enter game, save. Reactivate, load, play..."

And no... this bug/conflict affects EVERYTHING, not just weapons. If you have it installed, and stuff disappears when dropped then it is likely the culprit.

Including Jod dre's Historical Roman mod which adds throwable piliums? Because I know have the vanishing items problem. It started out with cabbages disappearing when I tried using them to disable trip wires and pressure plates, now it is all encompassing help would be appreciated. In the mean time I cannot make camps. Thanks.