ATTENTION ALL MOD CREATORS!!!

gulogulo

Hi guys,

It seems something is wrong with the recent version of the Creation Kit. I am the author of the Nature of the beast mod. The mod is a WIP. As you know a new patch of Skyrim has been released (ver. 1.6).

Today I realised I CANT SEE HANDS OR GLOVES OF MY AVATAR while in 1st person. I have investigated the matter and have found out that it is my mod (its latest unreleased version that I have created using the Creation Kir ver. 1.6). If I turn off the mod everything works fine. So I took the latest released version which is fine (created in the previous version of the Creation Kit) and I simply saved it using the current version of Creation Kit. I didnt change a thing and I still couldnt see my hands! Now, when I take the same released version and save it again while using the old version of CreationKit.exe everything works fine and the file has the same size as the released version and I can see my hands. On the other hand when I save the same file in the newest version of Creation Kit and then again in the previous version of Creation Kit the file has the same size as the realsed version BUT I CANT SEE MY HANDS!

IT SEEMS I HAVE LOST FEW DAYS (A COUPLE OF HOURS) OF MY WORK!!! SO BE CAREFULL! I SUGGEST TO MAKE BACKUPS OF THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF TESV.EXE AND CREATIONKIT.EXE FILES.

IF ANYONE HAS THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME, ENLIGHTEN AS ALL!

Hi guys,

It seems something is wrong with the recent version of the Creation Kit. I am the author of the Nature of the beast mod. The mod is a WIP. As you know a new patch of Skyrim has been released (ver. 1.6).

Today I realised I CANT SEE HANDS OR GLOVES OF MY AVATAR while in 1st person. I have investigated the matter and have found out that it is my mod (its latest unreleased version that I have created using the Creation Kir ver. 1.6). If I turn off the mod everything works fine. So I took the latest released version which is fine (created in the previous version of the Creation Kit) and I simply saved it using the current version of Creation Kit. I didnt change a thing and I still couldnt see my hands! Now, when I take the same released version and save it again while using the old version of CreationKit.exe everything works fine and the file has the same size as the released version and I can see my hands. On the other hand when I save the same file in the newest version of Creation Kit and then again in the previous version of Creation Kit the file has the same size as the realsed version BUT I CANT SEE MY HANDS!

IT SEEMS I HAVE LOST FEW DAYS (A COUPLE OF HOURS) OF MY WORK!!! SO BE CAREFULL! I SUGGEST TO MAKE BACKUPS OF THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF TESV.EXE AND CREATIONKIT.EXE FILES.

IF ANYONE HAS THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME, ENLIGHTEN AS ALL!

Customizing any race (and possibly creating new races) is broken in 1.6. I tried to warn people of this, http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/701965-if-you-are-doing-custom-race-work-please-read-before-upgrading-ck/, and also on the Beth forums. If you've edited a race... quite literally the only thing you have to do to BREAK your mod is open it in the 1.6 CK and hit SAVE.

-MM

Edit: Customizing weapons/armor may also have a similar problem.

Edited by MofoMojo

So if we've saved in the new CK we're screwed? I have some new armor (New form of vanilla armor) and I've worked a lot on my mod since 1.6...

Are we just supposed to not use the CK until this is fixed? (Not really an option...)

That depends on whether you were affected. I know I've seen your posts on the Beth forums for the new CK update, but I think it was just in reference to the voice files (Haven't seen you mention any amor problems on those threads) Are you armors showing up in game? I can definitely say, if you make even a seemingly innocuous edit to a race, the 1st person view of that race will get messed up, or if you load up a version of your mod where you've made race changes prior to 1.6 and just hit save, the same will occur.

Edit: And many amor modellers are having invisible/naked PCs because they aren't showing up any longer after upgrading to 1.6. Seems like the biped points for weapons/armor/1stpersonview etc,. are getting....corrupted or altered in 1.6 in a way not compatible with the version of Skyrim out. Just my guess since the CK doesn't seem to complain.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

So if we've saved in the new CK we're screwed? I have some new armor (New form of vanilla armor) and I've worked a lot on my mod since 1.6...

Are we just supposed to not use the CK until this is fixed? (Not really an option...)

That depends on whether you were affected. I know I've seen your posts on the Beth forums for the new CK update, but I think it was just in reference to the voice files (Haven't seen you mention any amor problems on those threads) Are you armors showing up in game? I can definitely say, if you make even a seemingly innocuous edit to a race, the 1st person view of that race will get messed up, or if you load up a version of your mod where you've made race changes prior to 1.6 and just hit save, the same will occur.

Edit: And many amor modellers are having invisible/naked PCs because they aren't showing up any longer after upgrading to 1.6. Seems like the biped points for weapons/armor/1stpersonview etc,. are getting....corrupted or altered in 1.6 in a way not compatible with the version of Skyrim out. Just my guess since the CK doesn't seem to complain.

-MM

There is one single set of armor that doesn't show up, and I can wear (It's a curaiss) over my iron chest piece. The odd thing is that it isn't edited... I have it in a custom Outfit, but the armor object itself is untouched. That's the only armor issue I've noticed. And I haven't edited any races.

So the way I understand it, either my mod is screwed and I'll need to revert, or a new version of Skyrim that matches the CK will fix this issue. So I can either keep working and risk losing it, or stop working and risk wasting time. So I guess I'll keep working and take my chances. :Shrug:

There is one single set of armor that doesn't show up, and I can wear (It's a curaiss) over my iron chest piece. The odd thing is that it isn't edited... I have it in a custom Outfit, but the armor object itself is untouched. That's the only armor issue I've noticed. And I haven't edited any races.

So the way I understand it, either my mod is screwed and I'll need to revert, or a new version of Skyrim that matches the CK will fix this issue. So I can either keep working and risk losing it, or stop working and risk wasting time. So I guess I'll keep working and take my chances. :Shrug:

Yeah...I'm in the same boat. I went ahead and stripped out all my RACE edits, but I'm also concerned about the unknown problems I may not have run into yet. I can focus on script modification but a lot of the major work I needed, and have time to do, this weekend was in the editor. I guess we're all in the same boat.

-MM

i had same issue but luckily i had backup on old creationkit, and i have just small mods, so i opend up the corrupted esp in old version of creationkit,reassigned the bip parts bc apperently they was empty(new creationkit removed them), saved and the esp worked all good.

so unitl beth fixes their creationkit i will be using my old backup

Edited by theru

enai i hope u know, u have a backup button on steam aswell -.- i will push that button each time before i upgrade in steam, so i wont experience this again, watsed work hours Edited by theru

It seems I accidently tweaked three races. I think I reverted the changes but i still have the "*" sign in the record. Is there any way to reset the changes so that the CreationKit will not recognise them and I can use the current version of the Creation Kit?