Are you having constant exterior CTDs? I've FINALLY found your sol

yafi

latest crash and Im not too sure whats causing it.

I am using live another life to get into the game faster. anyways here's the log if anyone has any idea what is causing the crash:

(0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.SetUpCompanions() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 334

[C00 (0004B2D9)].QF_C00_0004B2D9.Fragment_0() - "QF_C00_0004B2D9.psc" Line 346

[07/27/2012 - 01:56:44PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp18"

stack:

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.CycleRadiantQuests() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 697

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.SetUpCompanions() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 334

[C00 (0004B2D9)].QF_C00_0004B2D9.Fragment_0() - "QF_C00_0004B2D9.psc" Line 346

[07/27/2012 - 01:56:44PM] Error: Cannot call Premature() on a None object, aborting function call

Errors like this tend to happen after uninstalling mods while their scripts are running. You have basically stripped the references away from their scripts. The scripts still run, but the objects they were attached to have gone. So you get these "non-object" issues happening. The script functions cannot work on a "non-object" (the missing objects from the mod you removed).

It is an indication that you didn't do a clean save properly, or the clean save procedure wasn't correct, because there were still objects from that mod loaded in memory.

EDIT: it also looks like your "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" is either not vanilla, or not the latest version, as the line numbers don't correspond with the latest version of the script.

Edited by steve40

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am getting a log file filled with messages like:

[07/16/2012 - 09:03:30PM] error: (000C6982): cannot find variable named fToggleBlend.

stack:

[ (000C6982)].FXSetBlendVariableScript.SetAnimationVariableFloat() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000C6982)].FXSetBlendVariableScript.OnLoad() - "FXSetBlendVariableScript.psc" Line 38

I did some searching and the script in question is used in 5 activator types in several Avanchnzel; thing is these seem to use a model:

effects\FXSparkFountainToggle.nif,

which in turn points to a behaviour file:

genericbehaviors\blendbetweenstatesvariable\blendbetweenstatesvariable.hkx

which DOES in fact contain the "fToggleBlend" variable name.

So I'm a bit stumped as to why I'm getting this error in my log. I suppose the script could be modified to not call the set function on this variable, but I have no idea what this would do, since the function has very little documentation.

Hey whenever i enter WhiteRun i get this CTD:

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] error: (000DC550): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.

stack:

[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] error: (000DC551): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.

stack:

[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] Info: *Achievement 38 awarded - a winnar is you!*

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:36PM] Info: *Achievement 38 awarded - a winnar is you!*

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:41PM] VM is freezing...

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:41PM] VM is frozen

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:42PM] Saving game...

[08/01/2012 - 02:00:03PM] VM is thawing...

Hi Guys,

I am a rookie with Mod handling, however, here is some things I have learnt with installing/uninstalling mods that may be helpful here:

1) There are 3 kinds of mods:

a) Texture/terrain altering: These do not make any changes or add new features, just change the looks of certain components of the game (For example, Skyrim HD 2K Mod). These mods may stress your graphic card and FPS rates. The best place I find for testings these mods is outside whiterun. A run for 30 minutes in the wilderness from the whiterun stables will give you an idea if the mod is stable.

2) Mods that add spawns or alter the number of vanilla spawns or add or make changes to leveled lists: These mods may conflict with other mods and mods that may alter leveled lists. Most of the time, the mod owners would put that in their notes s a warning. It may lead to outright CtDs as soon as you try to login to Skyrim, or may result in freeze/CtDs in certain areas. Even when there in only one single such mod installed, there may be lot of issues. This is because spawning is mainly handled by your computer processor and not the graphic card, hence if you have lot of background programs running and you run Skyrim on top of it or if you have a processor with less power, then this may be the cause.

As said earlier, these mods may also conflict with leveled list mods, so good to have a look at your list of mods that may be altering similar stuff.

3) Mods that provide additional components to the game: Adding new houses, quests that add to the game: These mods may introduce bugs, sometimes these bugs are not even remotely related to the mod. For example the Quest 'No Mercy' is a beautiful mod with an excellent storyline, but it bugs the queen potema quest in Solitude. These mods are risky to install as you never know what might break up in the game. Other Mods that add houses for player in various parts of Skyrim also have similar effects.

Some troubleshooting:

I use the NMM to install mod, but use the BOSS and Wrye Bash to set load order and creat bash patches. Even though these tools are very helpful for troubleshooting and many issues are addressed, you still need some experience with load order to set mods right.

Before installing or uninstalling any mods, I make a clean save in an interior location which is unlikely to be effected by any mods. For this, I use the Breezehome as it is the first place I get in Skyrim and I do not install any mods that change the look of breezehome interior. In go into Breezehome and make a new save, Autosave does not count and please do not overwrite on another save. Then get out of the game and install or uninstall the mod you desire.

Note: Mods that alter levelled lists may still cause conflicts as they get woven into the game in a complex way.

Sometimes the saved game itself is bloated, this is due to bugs in the game (both vanilla and mod introduced) or due to improper methods of installing/uninstalling mods. In these cases, I find that there is no other option but to delete all the saves and start a new game.

in a few rare cases, this too does not resolve the issue, this may be due to changes made by Mod(s) to Skyrim files, incomplete installation or uninstallations, manual install of mods gone wrong etc., if thats the case, then, its best to uninstall Skyrim, search and remove all the Skyrim files and folders and then re-install it again.

Its easier to reinstall your desired mods if you are installing it from Nexus site and have selected the option to trace your mod.

The best way to find the combination of mods that work for you is to get a new game started in Vanilla with one mod activated (Whatever is your fav.). Just activate the console command screen by pressing '~' and type 'tgm' and enter key. Now you are in god mode and cannot be killed, not test your game throughly by going to all places that are likely to have bugs or cause issues, then go to some interior place ( I usually go to an inn and to a room where there is a bed) and save and get out of the game and then add another mod and check for the issue. For leveled list mods, I go to shops to buy weapons and armors and check if the mod is activated there, check your smithing lists, check Bandits and other NPCs that may be effected by leveled lists to verify that the mod has taken effect or not. Once you have added mods one by one and tested them properly, you may delete the saves and start a new game with no worries or mod conflicts.

Also, this post may be helpful too, Worked for me:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/633229-less-ctds-maybe-none/

Great post, thanks. Lots of good recommendations through this whole forum thread. New readers should go back to page one and note all the troubleshooting recommendations that have been posted.

I had just about given up on my level 37 elf mage with her 5 followers (using UFO), and was one step away from removing Skyrim completely and starting over when I decided to take one more step.

I used NMM and removed all mods; everything. Unfortunately, there were some mods I had just copied directly into folders since they contained options that were not scripted with NMM. So my character had a ton of mods removed, and a few left but at least a stable game from her last saved position. It really was funny to see some of the followers that had been installed from player abodes stripped naked and running away to wherever they thought they were running to, but 3 of the followers remained in the interior location, even though they weren't my followers any more.

Then, one by one, I started adding back my mods with NMM. First was UFO so I could regain the 3 followers that were in the interior space. Then armor mods; then smithing and enchanting; then magik spells and enhancements; then leveling mods. Each time I added a mod, I loaded the game, checked it was working, and did a new save and exited. This process took about two hours, but by the end I had added back about 75% of the mods I had previously and had no freezes or CTD's.

I'm continuing to play, cautiously, and haven't added any new mods yet. I'm waiting to see which authors update to version 1.7 and compatibility with the Dawnguard DLC.

Fingers crossed...

Hey whenever i enter WhiteRun i get this CTD:

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] error: (000DC550): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.

stack:

[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] error: (000DC551): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.

stack:

[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:28PM] Info: *Achievement 38 awarded - a winnar is you!*

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:36PM] Info: *Achievement 38 awarded - a winnar is you!*

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:41PM] VM is freezing...

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:41PM] VM is frozen

[08/01/2012 - 01:59:42PM] Saving game...

[08/01/2012 - 02:00:03PM] VM is thawing...

^^^ there's nothing wrong there. The "LvlPredatorScript.psc" message simply means that if an actor has an "enable parent" it can't be disabled using a script command because the "enable parent" has the priority for controlling when the actor is disabled. "VM is frozen" and "VM is thawing" is simply the system pausing/continuing while you enter a menu or save the game. The last entry in the log is the game being saved. The crash happened sometime after that and it did not log any error.

Edited by steve40

So yeah, I looked to this thread for some assistance a while back, and I've since fixed the issue, turns out it was just either the sata cable or the power cable came loose on my SSD, so yeah, make sure those things are plugged in nice and good. I suddenly lost the connection to my SSD altogether when testing again the other day, so I snugged the cables up good and all the freeze problems vanished.