transfer mods from NMM to Vortex

Kanealpha

wish it worked I can't launch NMM at all either. I can't say I am at all happy with Vortex

I imported SSE with 225 mods.

Maybe you should've tried using vortex with a newly installed game instead

Vortex has no bearing on whether NMM launches, unless you installed Vortex to the same folder as NMM

HadtoRegister, does Vortex assume the file associations from NMM or should both mods be able to launch and manage the same game? I thought I read previously that the changeover to Vortex could be made in the middle of the game.

Unsolicited, but catchy slogans - Vortex: The downward spiral of mod managers. Or perhaps, Vortex: It spins the other way in Australia. :wink:

wish it worked I can't launch NMM at all either. I can't say I am at all happy with Vortex

I imported SSE with 225 mods.

Maybe you should've tried using vortex with a newly installed game instead

Vortex has no bearing on whether NMM launches, unless you installed Vortex to the same folder as NMM

HadtoRegister, does Vortex assume the file associations from NMM or should both mods be able to launch and manage the same game? I thought I read previously that the changeover to Vortex could be made in the middle of the game.

Unsolicited, but catchy slogans - Vortex: The downward spiral of mod managers. Or perhaps, Vortex: It spins the other way in Australia. :wink:

Vortex is a completely different beast. If you import from NMM, it's going to copy over everything, so the used space will double on your hard drive. It's using a different set of folders fron NMM.

Also, I would strongly recommend AGAINST having both manage the same game. Having Vortex manage a different game should be fine.

Vortex is a completely different beast. If you import from NMM, it's going to copy over everything, so the used space will double on your hard drive. It's using a different set of folders fron NMM.

Also, I would strongly recommend AGAINST having both manage the same game. Having Vortex manage a different game should be fine.

That's what I've been doing, transitioning slowly.

When I started, my setup was WryeMash/MLOX with Morrowind, WryeBash and NMM managing Oblivion, and WryeBash and NMM managing Skyrim SE.

So I decided to reinstall Fallout 4, but to manage it with Vortex, my FO4 game currently has 252 mods in it

So, then I decided to Install FONV and see if Vortex would handle an older game that also needed Archive Invalidation.

My FONV setup now has 127 mods, and my new Vortex Fallout 3 setup has 109 mods.

I'm definitely not going back to the old, hard way of physically overwriting mod files with other mods, and having to start all over again

That's what I've been doing, transitioning slowly.

When I started, my setup was WryeMash/MLOX with Morrowind, WryeBash and NMM managing Oblivion, and WryeBash and NMM managing Skyrim SE.

So I decided to reinstall Fallout 4, but to manage it with Vortex, my FO4 game currently has 252 mods in it

So, then I decided to Install FONV and see if Vortex would handle an older game that also needed Archive Invalidation.

My FONV setup now has 127 mods, and my new Vortex Fallout 3 setup has 109 mods.

I'm definitely not going back to the old, hard way of physically overwriting mod files with other mods, and having to start all over again

I myself started from scratch because NMM decided to bork on me while I was building a mod list for my next playthrough. It was crashing everytime I try to disable or uninstall a mod. So I just decided F it and moved to Vortex as it was as good a chance as any since I'm building from scratch anyway. No regrets at all. So much easier to manage my huge mod builds.