Launching Fallout 4 with F4SE

bioctoplasterio

Just made the move to Vortex, and while the interface is MUCH nicer, the experience so far, isn't. I know part of it is because I don't know Vortex yet. In NMM, I knew where everything was, how to set things up and what to expect. Most of this is just a case of "someone moved my cheese".

How do I set up the game launcher to use F4SE instead of the default executable?

Time to read the tutorials that are included in Vortex itself.

It's the SAME way you set up F4SE to launch with NMM, Click on DASHBOARD, click ADD TOOL, navigate to F4SE click on F4SE_Loader exe, click OK.

Then, back at the dashboard, click on the 3 vertical dots next to F4SE and pick MAKE PRIMARY.
Now whenever you start the game with Vortex it will launch F4SE_Launcher.

• 2 weeks later...

DASHBOARD------------->ADD TOOL---------->Navigate to F4SE_Loader.exe

Click OK

Then click the three vertical dots and pick MAKE PRIMARY.
Now your game will start with F4SE

If F4SE can't find the Fallout4.exe then you have F4se installed wrong and it can't find fallout4.exe in the folder you put f4se_launcher.exe in.

Extract F4se to the same directory that Fallout4.exe is in, don't extract it to its own folder.
The installation instruction for F4se is right in the zip file.
READ IT.

• 2 months later...

Im having the same issue with my tool however if i run f4se as administrator it works fine. is there a way to tell vortex to run f4se as admin?

Just right click on the F$SE loader, pick Properties-----Compatibility and set it to run as Administrator, then, in Vortex make sure you click the three vertical Dots, and pick MAKE PRIMARY, then F4SE in Vortex will have a small banner on it, that way, when you start Fallout 4 with the play button it will run F4SE

• 5 months later...

Click OK

If F4SE can't find the Fallout4.exe then you have F4se installed wrong and it can't find fallout4.exe in the folder you put f4se_launcher.exe in.

Extract F4se to the same directory that Fallout4.exe is in, don't extract it to its own folder.

READ IT.

Yeah I don't if they removed it in a recent update but tools doesn't exist anywhere, unless you mean the tools option f4se has on it's website which also equally does nothing.

Click OK

READ IT.

Yeah I don't if they removed it in a recent update but tools doesn't exist anywhere, unless you mean the tools option f4se has on it's website which also equally does nothing.

I'm not even sure what your sentence means...

Once more, with a picture

DASHBOARD--------->ADD TOOL---------->Navigate to F4SE_Loader.exe

Are you saying that the DASHBOARD (shown below) doesn't exist, and that ADD TOOL (shown below in the Dashboard) doesn't exist?

Vortex-dashboard-add-tool.jpg