Slow Downloads (Premium)

Xerxcuss

I had this issue as well when i first installed Vortex just yesterday. Despite having a strong internet connection and decent speeds (for Australia, around 20mbps) my vortex downloads were between 0 (yes, zero) to only 40ish kbps.

I went online to investigate and it seems to be a common issue with no solutions. Some people mentioned that there vortex experience started that way as well but improved.

Anyway it was late so i shut down and went to bed, next day i fired up the beast and hey presto, full speed ahead.

Only been two days but so far so good with the download speeds at least. I actually don't like using Vortex and want to go back to Nexus mod manager but can't, however thats another topic for a different forum i suspect.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea i just recently got premium as well looking for better download speeds but cant seem to get any higher then 200kbs if it even gets that high. NMM worked much better in my opinion not sure why they made such a hard switch with no real option of sticking with NMM

NMM, manual downloads, and Vortex will all have the save download speed.

Download throttling is done by the Server side - nexusmods.com based on your membership level.

And Nexusmods can not deliver faster then they - and your ISP - are physically able.

Better test might be to compare download speeds from a different provider - like Steam.

Maybe you can at least identify if your slow downloads are due to your ISP - or the server.