Vortext Cannot validate NMM's mods Archibe Files

SkyeLuma

I have phantom files, in my NMM it seems, but i dont know were i go to delete this ghost files so this dumb vortext thing will stop moaning at me. im just trying to bring my mods from NMM to this Vortext manger, but the more i try the more anoyed im getting cause i have no idea what im doing cause ive never had to deal with this archive please someone help.

Edited by CogsFixmore

Basically the NMM log is broken, and it's giving Vortex false instructions. It's like what happens if you get instructions from IKEA that has an extra screw and you find you're missing it. You can't finish your chair.

Just manually transfer. Go to where NMM dumped the mod archives it downloaded, and drag and drop them over to Vortex's drag box.

Also this means reinstalling all your mods, and you should uninstall all your mods before starting to use Vortex.

Edited by chanchan05

attachicon.gif 1.PNGattachicon.gif Capture.PNG

I have phantom files, in my NMM it seems, but i dont know were i go to delete this ghost files so this dumb vortext thing will stop moaning at me. im just trying to bring my mods from NMM to this Vortext manger, but the more i try the more anoyed im getting cause i have no idea what im doing cause ive never had to deal with this archive please someone help.

spent 3 hours uninstalling nexus after backing up my mods folder and such, then installed all the mods again on nexus, then after all that, tryed vortex again, and now its grabbing the mods. after the pain i had to do just to make it do the work i wanted from the start lol, here's hoping after all this work, things just work out, im watching it import so i must have fixed it by clean install of nexus just to do all this work :c

New problem it broke my game. cant start it at all, not even when i disable mods, so vortext is not worth it at all, its caused me more suffering the migrate over. and now i need to play doctor and find out how to fix my broken game, thxs nexus you made it harder then you said it would be 0/10

Guest deleted34304850

Fixing your game is easy. long-winded (because you didn't follow basic instructions, but easy).

1. verify integrity of local files.

2. delete a couple of directories.

3. use whatever mod manager you like to install mods that you will have downloaded from wherever to your machine.

4. done.

you could, after point 2, use vortex. with vortex you can literally drag/drop the mod archive and let it install the mod for you. you can enable auto-sort and auto-deploy and all the hard work is done for you.

all you have to do is search these forums for the hundreds of posts where people can't actually read, and can't do step 1, and do it for yourself, then use the information in those hundreds of posts to set your paths appropriately, and that's it. there is nothing more to it.

HTH

spent 3 hours uninstalling nexus

thxs nexus you made it harder then you said it would be 0/10

You just said you spent 3 hours uninstalling a website, clearly showing you have no idea what you're doing.

That's why the Help, Documentation, Tutorial, FAQ sticky exists at the top of this forum, while it's easy to blame Vortex for your situation, in your very first post you said you had "no idea what you're doing because you never had to deal with this archive", yet that's whta all mod managers, including NMM do.

They deal with archives that you download, then they extract them.

Judging by your problem, you've done what others have done, and not read any of the articles on how to migrate, and IMPORT, so instead, you installed Vortex, and ran it, which caused Vortex to read your plugins.txt, and, not finding any mods, disabled them, so that NMM doesn't know what mods you have installed now

Also, it's been said plenty of times by the Nexus staff to STAY WITH WHAT'S WORKING FOR YOU, yet 90% of the threads in here are people who ignored that advice, decided to experiment with a 200 mod load order, and messed it up, then they come here and blame the Nexus.

This also isn't the first time that Vortex was unable to work with NMM because NMM had corrupted files and logs.

Is there anyway to deal with "Vortex cannot validate NMM's mod/archive files - this usually occurs when the NMM configuration is corrupt" without going through a fresh install of mods? Going through 200+ mods would be a huge headache.

Unfortunately the problem is caused by NMM corrupting the configuration, and Vortex can't deal with it successfully without making a mess of it.

i thought HadTo Register was a tad harsh towards the poster

I tried switching due to constant ctds which I think are causeds by a conflict I can't find.I got the same red line corrupted error but I still have my nmm files backup so I can just start the game with it and put Vortex aside until I feel it has been updated to deal with those kinds of isssues.

it's important to back things up /make copies when doing this kind of thing in case it doesn't work.

Just because something is there doesn't mean you understand what are reading and not everyone will nor is it necessarily their fault when dealing with something they are unfamiliar with.

Edited by ANGRYWOLVERINE

i thought HadTo Register was a tad harsh towards the poster

I tried switching due to constant ctds which I think are causeds by a conflict I can't find.I got the same red line corrupted error but I still have my nmm files backup so I can just start the game with it and put Vortex aside until I feel it has been updated to deal with those kinds of isssues.

it's important to back things up /make copies when doing this kind of thing in case it doesn't work.

Just because something is there doesn't mean you understand what are reading and not everyone will nor is it necessarily their fault when dealing with something they are unfamiliar with.

But you're missing the point.

You want to wait until Vortex is updated to fix something that NMM corrupts, while continuing to use NMM which has corrupted your configuration while refusing to use Vortex for something NMM did.

That's kind of a recipe for disaster, NMM shouldn't BE corrupting the configs, but it is, it's not Vortex's fault that it can't fix what NMM corrupted.