Newbie question about collision

newmiller

Can anybody tell will this blender-guide for oblivion
work for skyrim (or I need to do some other steps than in guide). So here is the problem - I have working armor model and want to make world model (which I can put on ground) for it. Thanks for answer. PS. using blender 2.49 and nifscope Edited by newmiller

I don't think it is possible to export collision for skyrim with blender with current nifscript.

there's this guide that explain how to make collision for static objects http://www.creationkit.com/Exporting_meshes_to_Creation_Kit

This is what I followed to make static items.

If it doesn't work, you can always steal the collision of a similar object by exporting from blender in wavefront obj (scale your model 10x first) and import it in the nif you want, then delete the other model from it.

Edited by Caithe

You can do this kind of collision for skyrim from blender, niconvexverticesshape. Off the top of my head, you export to F3 and convert the nif to Skyrim as normal, I would probably steal a skyrim block and swap the collision shape with the one exported, then you have to shrink the collision scale by a factor of 10, I think there is some other variable you have to change, can't think of it exactly, but just go through everything in the block list and change it to match a skyrim nif. Sacrefice a black cockerel on a full moon and it should work.