Sick and tired of rubbish coming up on Nexus Mod site

kiwiflyboy

I don't know if anyone else feels like me but whenever i bring up the Nexus Mod site i get a big pop up from some bullshit advertising crap in which i end up going into it and turning off all the tracking dickheads, what is going on, this has only just started happening after years of not having to put up with this s#*!, also getting fed up with having to do a bloody captcha every time i log on, whats happening to this site ?, its gone to crap, not to mention doing away with NMM. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What kind of "some bull**** advertising crap" was it? If it just some mod author asking for donations or endorsement, I think you can turn off the notification on your Nexus account setting... I think

Try report those " some bull**** Advertising crap" in the subforum called " report bad ads". Somebody may able to help you out.

What kind of "some bull**** advertising crap" was it? If it just some mod author asking for donations or endorsement, I think you can turn off the notification on your Nexus account setting... I think

Try report those " some bull**** Advertising crap" in the subforum called " report bad ads". Somebody may able to help you out.

The endorsement popup is not caused by mod authors asking for endorsements. It's just a helpful tool to rdmond people to go back and endorse.

I don't know if anyone else feels like me but whenever i bring up the Nexus Mod site i get a big pop up from some bulls*** advertising crap in which i end up going into it and turning off all the tracking dickheads, what is going on, this has only just started happening after years of not having to put up with this s***, also getting fed up with having to do a bloody captcha every time i log on, whats happening to this site ?, its gone to crap, not to mention doing away with NMM. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not some noob mate i see what i see, i had to do a captcha to sign in just now and just about every god damn time i login here or Nexus Mod site, uBlock Origin isn't a shitty addon, its there to help prevent tracking sites, the pop up is from some bunch of bastards called Curse, you may be happy to be followed and have all your stuff recorded by these advertising wankers but i'm not hence my use of a adblocker and what the hell is a semi virus ? you banging on about ? what is pissing me off the most is having to do the captcha all the effing time.

The Curse banner you see is an information banner to tell you that Nexus Mods uses cookies. It is there because the EU GDPR dictates that you have to disclose that you're using cookies for various purposes. The reason you see it every time you visit Nexus Mods is because you clear your cookies between each visit. if you leave the cookies you won't get that banner and you won't get the captcha every time. Another issue when you clear you cookies is that the Curse information settings you changed won't be stored, and you'll have to set them every time.

Thank you Zaldir, i went to the trouble of completey uninstalling Firefox and tried a new browser, but have since gone back to Firefox, would this cookie thing also be the issue with the page not loading correctly ?, as a few times all i get is a white page with a short menu and a couple of images ?, thanks for your reply.

Thank you Zaldir, i went to the trouble of completey uninstalling Firefox and tried a new browser, but have since gone back to Firefox, would this cookie thing also be the issue with the page not loading correctly ?, as a few times all i get is a white page with a short menu and a couple of images ?, thanks for your reply.

That is an intermittent issue with the site CSS not loading correctly. It does seem to be caused by things like Adblock last time the devs looked into it.