Politically Incorrect

David Brasher

There have been a few mod requests for mods which edit the gender roles of characters in Skyrim. I got to thinking about the technical aspects of building something like this and realized that it wouldn't really be too hard or time-consuming to build. I would just focus on changing the leveled lists so that only actors of a certain gender would be on the lists and spawn. I wouldn't change unique actors and actors with quest dialog. So I built a couple of mods like this, both of which are politically incorrect in opposite ways.

(1) A mod that makes it so men don't usually become guards, soldiers, bandits, and such. Going around in the game world, you will mostly see women carrying weapons and fighting.

(2) A mod that makes it so women don't usually become guards, soldiers, bandits, and such.

These are available for download here: Skyrim Scaling Stopper.

So what do you think? Are you deeply offended?

Edited by David Brasher

Why would I be, although I do believe it would be more believable for the men to women ratio in the guards would be more 5:3 (more men). This is not because I believe men are superior or anything, just because they have a natural hormone that makes them want to do more dangerous things than women, and the "protector".

Ever since 'Politically Correct' threw away Merry Christmas in favor of Happy Holidays, I say screw being Politically Correct. Nothing but bureaucracies having nothing better to do than to mess with cultural semantics. :wallbash:

Aside from that I think it's awesome. Hell look at the Warcraft Nightelves which is 100% skimpily dressed female guards: it's all culture.

Older woman speaking here....is there something to be offended about with this mod?....If anyone finds it offensive, they really need to get over themselves and find themselves a life....I agree with Rowjack, no matter how much any Radicals want to buck against nature, the fact is it's never going to change, men and women are hard wired for particular tasks, behaviors, etc... yes, anomalies always exist, though as a whole we are hard wired for what best suited the survival of our species when we where hunter/gathers....Personally I love the differences and wouldn't want it any other way, makes men so much more interesting and enticing (too much info?... :blush: ...)

Anyway....it looks a very good mod....Thank you David Brasher.....Due to another mod I am waiting to be completed, I may not be able to use this mod, will have to see when the other mod is completed and ready to use and see how the quest details pan out in that one before I can decide....Kudo's though.... :happy:

There is a whole bunch of politically incorrect stuff here on the nexus. While I may not agree with something that others would seem to like in their own games, I would defend their right to enjoy their games in the way they see fit. It is not our place to judge others, because when we do, we open the door to be judged ourselves. When we start to do that, most of us will soon find ourselves in the minority, and we would be having a different conversation.

In my opinion

If you're worried that making this mod yourself for someone unable to make it themselves has caused you to make some sort of statement on behalf of your own moral code, the same would be true had you not made the mod for fear of being judged yourself.

Again, in my opinion

Its only a game and your mod would allow people to play it the way they want so don`t worry - in real life men are always guards / warriors (I am very well read in History and can`t think of any cultures that use women warriors before the advent of firearms and even then its vanishenly small) but if someone would like a game where women do all the fighting well its there game and good luck to them

The reason in reality that it is always men is tied into evolution in our species men are biger than women (thats why we don`t have a mixed olympics) plus every women that dies is not just a person but the `baby maker` the `life giver` every womens loss is a disaster ( 1 man plus 2 women can equal 2 babies BUT 1 women plus 2 men only equals one baby) and they have already fight the incredibly dangerious battle of childbirth - which in the past was a very leathal point in a womens life. - sorry for spelling dyslexia

I'm deeply offended that you let anyone at all become a guard and carry weapons. :tongue: