game freezing

DivineDragoon69

I got my new disk+expansions and reinstalled oblivion everything seemed ok. So I open it up and click on new game but when I click it my game freezes. Any idea why my game is freezing I got rid of everything including :( all my mods and saved games :( but it still freezes

I got my new disk+expansions and reinstalled oblivion everything seemed ok. So I open it up and click on new game but when I click it my game freezes. Any idea why my game is freezing I got rid of everything including :( all my mods and saved games :( but it still freezes

If you had Oblivion previously installed try copying the Oblivion_defaults.ini from it's installed directory to your C:\My Documents\...\Oblivion and rename it to Oblivion.ini after moving out or deleting the original one there. The reinstallation doesn't remove the contents of this directory as it doesn't it to the /data too. So, if you didn't delete by hand the install directory too, this may be an issue.

You said nothing about you OS, but if it is Vista installing games in the C:\Program Files is a very bad idea.

It still freezes on new game. I do have vista but I have never encountered problems with oblivion or any other game before. I also had it installed in my c:\program files with no problems

Well, you are the first to say so, why I assume you did something to deal with the infamous UAC. If not, it just delayed causing troubles.

But since I'm assuming you did the way I suggested before and I'm no expert in Vista, better wait someone with "experience" with it's annoyances coming to help.

Do you have Vista x64 installed? Then the game goes to Programfilesx86...

Other than that I wouldn't know why it should freeze for no reason... Try reinstall it again, maybe the installation didn't work properly...

Archived