Not Showing Mods downloaded from the game

jessilynn84

Its saying that Im missing mods that i downloaded through the game itself. I go into the mods option on the main menu of Fallout 4 and enable them then launch the game and it says its still missing. What do I do to get those mods to be recognized through Vortex because theres a few mods from the in game mods that arent on Nexus. I had no problem with them on NMM. Now Im just irritated I switched over.

NMM would recognize the plugins so that you could manage your load order, but it never actually identified the downloaded archive. I am assuming that you've downloaded mods from Steam? If you have, then you need to find where Steam put the downloaded mods (usually the Data folder, iirc), then drag and drop them into Vortex. That should at least let Vortex know those mods are there.

The problem you're reporting is one reason not to mix downloads from a site and those from Vortex. If you can, you might see if there are Nexus versions of those mods and use them. I did that with almost all of my Skyrim mods and NMM. I only kept one Steam mod, and that was because it wasn't available on Nexus. :)

Guest deleted34304850

i have a mod that i downloaded from bethesda's site. i wanted to manage it via my mod manager, so this applies to nmm (i used to use that) and vortex (i use that currently).

what i did, is download from bethesda's site, then, i go into my data folder, find the mod directory, and zip it into a 7zip archive.

then, i would use my mod manager to install the mod from a file (my 7zip folder).

all this does is basically allow my mod manager to know that there is an archive it needs to know about and install the contents. i did that, and it worked with nmm, and continues to work with vortex.

of course, there's no way for vortex or nmm to know if/when the mod has been updated on bethesda's site, because they only know the mod exists locally, on my local drive.

that's my method - it's a bit fiddly, but it works.

ok this is a silly question. Ive never downloaded through the bethesda site. How exactly do i do that because when i go to the webpage and find the mod I want I dont see an option to download anthing. Sorry If Im being dumb. Im just kinda new at the whole modding thing. I usually just go through Nexus.