Manage Groups click to change not working

Cider64

I'm not sure if there is a toggle for this, but after clicking manage groups in the plugins, I can move the group circles around, right click to add groups, but right clicking on the lines only makes the lines highlight on and off as I click, no deletion, and nothing happens when I use control right click either, is there some step I am missing to make this function editable, it is almost as if it has an edit lock somehow. As you can see, I have a loop and 2 offshoots in my group alignment (attached jpg)

You have not read the instructions, have you ?

And why do you want to monkey around with groups if you do not know how to handle them ? Why do you want to change them when I can guarantee you that your game will work with the default group scheme arranged by Vortex ?

Why you guys have or want to change everything without trying first how doest it work in its default stage ?

I have never changed the default arrange and I have not any trouble with my game, but if you want to do it, then by all means do it, but do yourself a favor, read the instructions first, watch videos and investigate by reading threads in this forum related to groups in Vortex.

YES I read the instructions, and I have watched all of Gopher's Vortex videos, read as much as I can find on load orders vis a vis Vortex groups. In NMM I used to run with well over 200 mods functioning well, with very few CTDs since I could fix load order issues after running LOOT manually. I had so many issues with the last few updates to Vortex alpha, SSE, SKSE, SkyUI and related updates (and mods that did not get updated as often so caused a lot of CTDs such as simply knock) that I just deleted the whole mess and decided to start from scratch now that Vortex was out of Alpha/Beta. Since my game has frequent repeatable CTDs when I go to certain world spaces, I know there are still conflicts that I need to sort beyond the dependencies in the mods and plugin sections and the auto-sorting done by the built-in LOOT system. I think the idea behind groups is a terrific way to handle these issues, but since I can not add/edit groups into the line/string/whatever you want to call it, I would have to individually force esp dependancies one at a time instead of adding all armor mods into a group, all follower mods into another group etc. to make my sorting easier. And yes, in Vortex settings i already turned on the Enable advanced mode before trying to use the manage groups feature.

so thank you for your non-helpful reply, (not even sure why you spend the moment of your time to write it), but perhaps someone else with a bit more empathy to a fellow gamer could actually try to help my learn how to uses the groups system I would appreciate it.

UPDATE: I finally figured it out, you have to <cntl> click the dot to activate it, THEN continue holding <cntl> and click-drag to create the lines, this was the simple explanation I was looking for...

Edited by Cider64

How come you said you did read instructions about Vortex but you missed this :https://wiki.nexusmo...your_Load_Order ?

That link, located in this forum explains to you exactly how to manage groups so if you would have read it before, you would not have posted your question.

And in relation to my empathy to a fellow player, yes I do, but how many times do you think we have been answering questions to others who lack the discipline of reading and just come to the forum to ask questions which answers are precisely in this forum ? " Give a fish to a man and you will feed him for one day, teach him how to fish, and you will feed him for life ""

• 2 years later...

Cider,

I am having the same issue. I can create good groups, order them with orange links, and even patch them into the existing vanilla group line. I assigned plugins to the appropriate groups, resorted, and the plugins didn’t change order. It’s as if the existing vanilla line is preventing MY groups from affecting the load order.

what I can’t do is to remove the existing white lines to remove the circular loops created by doing this.

How did you resolve your dilemma?

Regards,

Jody