Deacon's sunglasses

AeonsLegend

Hi,

I'm not really a mod savvy guy, but I wanted to see if I could get Deacon's sunglasses he wears during tradecraft. When looking at his inventory the sunglasses are not there, but there is an ID for his sunglasses when you look for them in FO4Edit (ClothesDeaconSunGlasses "Sunglasses" [ARMO:0004A520]). The reason they don't show up for use in the game is because they have a record-flag that states them as non-playable. Now I created a new ESP file with just these sunglasses in them (ID 0004A520) and remove the non-playable record. This worked. BUT, since the sunglasses have a nif reference to Clothes\ShortSleeves\GlassesGO.nif they now show up as normal sunglasses instead o the square ones he had before. FYI this nif is the same as the normal sunglasses with ID ClothesSunGlasses "Sunglasses" [ARMO:000E628A].

So I'm wondering now, how does the game have a different model for these sunglasses when they are marked as non-playable when the model is referenced to Clothes\ShortSleeves\GlassesGO.nif?

I don't Know the answer per se, but I imagine that the Dev who made the armor record for Decan's sunglasses used a 'base glasses' record instead of starting the record from scratch, and because Decan's sunglasses were meant to be non-playable there was no need to change the GO model.

If you take out the skin data from Decan's sunglasses nif, set it at 0,0,0 and add collision data from the 'base glasses' nif then that should make a decent GO model without too much work. ^.^ (if that's your goal? Not sure)