New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

Those new changes are great, and definitely for the better!

And I must say I agree with Grimoa. The Latest images/files blocks are a bit redundant now, and should be removed to allow more space for the feed block.

The Hot Files section need some more height though. For instance, "Castlevania Abandoned Castle-demo" is cut off at the bottom. Should also increase the amount of letters allowed a bit, so that, again for instance "Castlevania Abandoned Castle-demo" isn't cut off at dem...

And just for the aesthetics, make the space between each Hot Files thumbnail a bit bigger, so that the whole box is utilized. That makes it look better, and is quite easy to do. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the old homepage much better, it was easier to find stuff, better looking and awesomness. It's eyestrain just to navigate through the new homepage. The old homepage was more in order, easier to see and not all that scrolling just to find something. Alot of the people at the nexus just want the old nexus back. So I, along with many other modders here ask of you, please bring back the old nexus.

Already posted in the other thread so pasting it here.

I have to admit, I thought my net connection quit half way through loading, would a 'classic' layout toggle be out of the question?

Everybody is asking why the change......ever heard of asset management ?

You have a finite resource no matter who you are or what you are doing. So you either need to add resources or optimize the effectiveness of the available assets.

So here are the options. For increasing the resources we need to increase revenue for the sites as a whole.

This is accomplished in one of two ways, more premium members [no control over that} or increased advertising which all will agree is less than desirable.

The most viable option is optimization of available assets, this means some reconfiguration to the way the site is presented and displayed to reduce the number of unnecessary page loads and remove demand and stress on the servers.

Another option is to reduce the download cap on the non premium servers and for non premium users of NMM and reallocate those resources into the sites. Again not really a desirable option.

So give some specific recommendations for improvement, as "I hate this" and "this sucks" don't really tell us much.

Use a control F5 for a forced reload of the page from the net, it may make things display better.

After getting a bit used to the new layout and seeing the benefits of the new features, my only remaining suggestion is to add formatting to each block, to make the "latest files" and "latest images" tabs less cluttered. As they are now they are a bit plain and can be confusing.