ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

Ahm, basically the new donate button appears on members that have the donation function disabled.

The new donate button also does not work at all on members who have donations enabled, old one is still working, however.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's taking some getting used to, but I can't really say I DISlike the new format. I remember when I first started coming to this site in days of yore and it took me a little bit to find where everything is. This is really no different.

All these people that keep wanting to go back to older versions should remember the old adage: If it ain't fixed, don't break it some more, just make a new one, lol.

I was trying to find a place to comment on this. I really don't care for the main page anymore. Information seems a bit confusing to find. Changing the URL structure AGAIN really sucked as I had to go threw all my book marks again and update the new pathing, please stop changing that, it's the 3rd time now. The site seems squished, probably to accommodate tablets or smartphones, but why? At least when browsing latest files (about all I do) there is little change there.

I still see a lot of complaining about the new home page layout so quoting a comment made by buddah a site moderator, reposting a comment I had made four pages ago, and adding a comment in specific references to buddah’s line about more premium members

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Quot

Everybody is asking why the change......ever heard of asset management ?

You have a finite resource no matter who you are or what you are doing. So you either need to add resources or optimize the effectiveness of the available assets.

So here are the options. For increasing the resources we need to increase revenue for the sites as a whole.

This is accomplished in one of two ways, more premium members [no control over that} or increased advertising which all will agree is less than desirable.

The most viable option is optimization of available assets, this means some reconfiguration to the way the site is presented and displayed to reduce the number of unnecessary page loads and remove demand and stress on the servers.

Another option is to reduce the download cap on the non premium servers and for non premium users of NMM and reallocate those resources into the sites. Again not really a desirable option.

So give some specific recommendations for improvement, as I hate this and this sucks don't really tell us much.

Use a control F5 for a forced reload of the page from the net, it may make things display better.

________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________

Quot

@ The staff of Nexus what I’m about to say maybe rude, crude and socially unacceptable, and I hope I don’t get the boot for it; it is in the long run in your favor.

I was and still am not happy with the new lay out on the home page, it is better than it first was. I had made “specific recommendations” and they had been seconded on the first thread of the new lay out.

Here is a revised specific recommendation.

1. Keep the hot file big revolving pic were it is.

2. Keep the new hot file list were it is, that part of the revised new home page I like.

3. Move the latest files back under the hot files. Same size as the new hot file list.

4. Move the latest images under the latest files. Same size as the new hot files list

5. Shorten the length of the Your feeds to accommodate.

6. Put the mods of the month up were the latest files are now.

7. For premium and supporter members put site news under file of the month for all others use it for advertising.

Now on to Buddah’s last comment:

Thank you, you have made things a lot clearer on the why of the new lay out. I fully understand resource management; I deal with it every day in my job and it can be a b-i-t-c-h to cram 10lb of marital in a 5lb bucket.

@ The community in general:

I see a lot of complaining, griping, moaning and growing and very little of it with any specific recommendations.

And most of it from members that do not support the nexus, and yes I do mean with a paid subscription. Out of the last 40comments, three were by a moderator, eight my premium members and one by a supporter. That leaves twenty eight comment/complaints from none supporting members.

This site is free, free, free and I believe due to legal reasons it has to stay that way.

I used the nexus for two or three months before getting an account and then couple more months before going “LIFE TIME PREMIUM” I did this because this is the best (bar none) site on the net for user to get mods for the games we play, as authors to post our mods, and for new mod authors to get help. I have made friends around the world through this site some that I am in e-mail contact with on a near daily bases and it started with one of us asking a question on how to do something in the CS/GECK/CK. I am continually working with several modders new and old last month I wrought four tutorials and received two all for free and because of the Nexus.

I see a lot of new modders asking for donations for their work, and yet they have not supported the very site that is hosting their work and offering a link for them to receive a donation, to me this is rude and inconsiderate and yet they complain about the site.

So to all of you who complain about the lay out, down load speeds, the way things are run in general and do not support this site PUT UP OR SHUT UP. You want to ask for a donation for your work how about supporting the site that is supporting you, you want to see changes to things that you don’t like then support this site. Dark0ne and the staff of this site get no pay for their time and they put a lot of it in to this site and are doing the best they can with the limited resource they have.

Clintster74

Mod user

Mod author

Premium supporter of the Nexus

@ Dark0ne and the staff of the Nexus

One way to help generate more premium members and there for more revenue is to make the option to ask for donations available to premium members only. There are several benefits to going premium why not make this one of them.

@clintster74:

Don't tell me what to do. If you can't handle us non-donor heathens expressing feedback, then that's just tough. If I don't like a feature or change in the site, and I care to express it, I'm going to, with or without the ranting of needy premium members.

Put up or shut up, son. Put up or shut up.

@Dark0ne: The speedup idea was great and the new layout makes more sense. More content is being displayed at once and I like it. Now I can see latest files' screenshots and find what interests me more quickly, and for me, the page load is at least twice as fast.

Kalekunai

Mod user

Small/Personal Mod author

Non-premium supporter of the Nexus

Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize. It's always the same.

I think this new layout has some real possibilities, and is moving in the right direction.

Thanks you Mr. Scott and Nexus Staff!