Will I be able to run Skyrim?

MooseTail

My lust for Oblivion is still with me, but I'm going to start Skyrim. (I haven't played it yet!!!)

Okay so I would like to give you my specs, and see if I'm able to run Skyrim AND Skyrim with the High Resoulution pack on Steam.

Maybe some min fps would be helpful !

SPECS:

3rd gen Intel Ivy bridge i7-3610QM (2.3Ghz - 3.3Ghz)

nVidia Geforce GTX 670M 1.5gb

8gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM

Windows Home Premium

I haven't decided if I'm getting Skyrim at all but it would be nice to know if I can run it, thanks.

(Need to know more, just ask.)

Sure!

You will probably get at least 60 fps.

I have a gtx 680 and get 50-60 fps with enb and tons of graphic mods on ultra settings.

And get Skyrim it is awesome.

I have played it since release and I don't think I will stop until the next Elder Scrolls comes out!

Edited by Guest

i have a an i7core, 10 gig ram and a /cough intel hd chipset /cough and i can run the run smooth :) well.. only smooth when i have performance mods for the game and utilities outside of the game running, can get a steady 40 fps in most areas :)

meh. All you guys with your supercomputers.

The REAL challenge of Skyrim is running it with XP on a 2GB Athalon X2 and an HD4670 video card; epic 30FPS with detail cranked up to MEDIUM!

The only problem I have is trying to decide if its a lag, or a total game freeze. I can focus on gameplay cause I don't have to deal with all that distracting eye candy like grass, trees, or distant terrain. And I can get a cup of coffee while the load screens are up. Sweet. Stuttering? I just role play an uncoordinated character; he trips a lot. A lot. Anyone can play Skyrim at 60+ FPS; it takes real talent to fight a bunch of mobs at 7 FPS.

So, Mr. Moose, I would say your rig will give you a smooth, highly detailed, and very satisfying Skyrim experience. If you're into that kind of thing.

lol, Garon :v

You remind me of my days before this computer...I was using an old, non-HT Pentium [email protected], 2gb of RAM, and a Radeon x1600. Loading times were ridiculous in most games, though NV and Oblivion did eventually get to the point where they'd cache enough to get sub-30-second load times.

I remember trying to play Dragon Nest in particular...five minutes to load the game, another five for initial load after the character select screen...and these were every tine. Which was important considering the game crashed every 10-20 minutes.

The Pentium 4 sure was a piece of garbage, even in its day :\

An i7 is overkill for Skyrim, so no problems there. The 670M appears to be somewhat comparable to the Radeon 5850, a step under my own 5870. On Ultra with various tweaks, I can hit 40-50fps average, 30 minimum. You might need to run on High or Medium settings instead to get those numbers, but it should certainly be doable on your chip. Assuming your 1.5gigs of graphics memory are dedicated, you should also be able to run a high-res texture pack (might shave a few frames/second off by doing so though).

Just guesses based on benchmarking numbers I've found though, I'm not by any stretch an Nvidia guy.

60fps!!! Wow I didn't know the computer I had was that good! All I used it for was Oblivion and another random game! :wallbash:

Thank you, I will buy Skyrim :thumbsup: