Good news... I guess?

Rennn

I've been searching for a job for months now. Nobody's hiring. I finally got one... working 7 days a week, from 6pm to 6am, for $7.25 an hour, in a factory. That ****ing sucks, but at least now I'll actually have some money. I hate my country.

I don't know if this is good or bad.

I've been searching for a job for months now. Nobody's hiring. I finally got one... working 7 days a week, from 6pm to 6am, for $7.25 an hour, in a factory. That ****ing sucks, but at least now I'll actually have some money. I hate my country.

I don't know if this is good or bad.

Congratulations and commiserations. Been there.

Shifts and $ rate are, well, you know what they are, I don't need to say. The only thing I can say is it is good news in that, it's almost always easier to find another job when you already have a job.

Good luck out there dude.

Yeah, 12 hour days suck. My boyfriend worked 12 hour days for nearly 2 months straight these past few months. Half the time, he would fall asleep in his chair :( He's finally on 8 hour days working 3rd shift now, extra $1/hour and possibly a raise because he is now qualified to be a machine operator :)

$7.25/hour seems pretty low for a factory job, most start around $9/hour in Wisconsin. What will you be doing?

Congrats on finding a job :)

7.25 AN HOUR? WoW :mad: :mad:

in my country workers get NOTHING and they dont even get their NOTHING on time. :verymad:

Last time their salary was delayed about 6 MONTHS and i dont know how did they feed their family without money in 6 MONTHS

and you think your country is bad, be a little thankfull !

7.25 AN HOUR? WoW :mad: :mad:

in my country workers get NOTHING and they dont even get their NOTHING on time. :verymad:

Last time their salary was delayed about 6 MONTHS and i dont know how did they feed their family without money in 6 MONTHS

and you think your country is bad, be a little thankfull !

I understand what you are saying but the fact that someone else somewhere in the world may have it worse doesn't actually make the OP's situation any better.

E.g

A few hundred years ago those workers not getting paid for 6 months might have been slaves who never got paid, they should be a little thankful! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I don't mean to troll, or start a flame war here. I just dislike this kind of relativism. If anything it allows those in a position to improve the OP's situation an excuse not to do so. If we constantly compare to those worse off and just count our blessings that we have it better, nobody's situation improves, or worse we all move backwards.

$7.25 an hour is the norm here in Ohio for a min wage job... At least you get hours - many of my friends are having trouble getting the hours they need - stuck with like 10 hours a week on min wage.