Can you create an NPC that takes on the form of the player?

samv96UK

Hi everyone,

Do any of you know if there is some script to make an NPC looks the same as the player, as in they have the same face (And possibly the same armour but that is not essential).

In my mod Rochebere, I wan't to create a quest in which the player is undergoing a possession attempt, and they you end up trapped in your own mind.

So I want to create a doppel-ganger (Well, two actually) which is a figment of your imagination. One of the doppelgangers will be resembling the part of you trying to break free and the other representing the part of you being possessed, similar to the classic "angel-and-devil" scenario.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks

Edited by samv96UK

I don't know if a script like this is in Skyrim, but Shivering Isle for Obilvion had a quest called "Symbols of Office" where your fought a clone of yourself. You might be able to examine the script from Oblivion and remake it in Skyrim. Edited by Patrick2me

I don't know if a script like this is in Skyrim, but Shivering Isle for Obilvion had a quest called "Symbols of Office" where your fought a clone of yourself. You might be able to examine the script from Oblivion and remake it in Skyrim.

Okay, I'll look into that, thanks!

I'd like to know this as well, because the NPCs use a different coloration system than the player. (This is extremely apparent in mods like CBBE and CHSBE, where the face colors don't match the body colors. Yet, the Player has matching face and body colors.)

i dont know how the console commands fit into a mod, but there was a console command in oblvion that essentially makes a copy of the player.

"Player.createfullactorcopy" - thats the one.

Haven't tested it, but it might work in skyrim too.

i dont know how the console commands fit into a mod, but there was a console command in oblvion that essentially makes a copy of the player.

Just tried that command out on the console in-game and all I got was a Syntax error- could not parse this line.

Just tried that command out on the console in-game and all I got was a Syntax error- could not parse this line.

Ah, darn it! =( i rembember using that command over and over in oblivion, just to challenge myself by fighting myself =P

Too bad it doesnt work for Skyrim.