Hi Nexus friends!

feileacan

Hey there! Some of you, I think of as friends already because I recognize your names from mods or from YouTube. You've been in my home and introduced yourself (or your work) to me; it's only right that I should introduce myself to you.

I'm VJ, and I grew up without a computer! Not because I wanted to, but because the first home computer didn't come out until I was a junior in high school (so sadly, no NES, either). I didn't really start gaming until I married my second husband about 10 years ago. My first husband..."the computer is a tool for work and education." Pfft...

Anyway, I started with playing this little game called NeverWinter Nights on a dedicated server. I still do play :smile: I learned I loved RPGs, I also learned that sometimes I just wanted to log onto a game and not talk to a dozen people IG and in chat. I also learned how to build areas, GM, use the toolkit for that ancient engine, refused to learn how to script (LOL), QA, and made myself a general PITA. Depends on how you see it. It was a lot of fun being a world builder, but it's made me a bit critical. I always want to know "why?".

I am recently disabled. My husband is a disabled Vet. So we spend a lot of time on our computers. He has always loved TES and Fallout. I've watched him play bits and pieces of Skyrim forever. I got really interested in the story, and in one of his funnier followers...then in a mod he downloaded...then in some people he watched on YouTube...And here I am.

I haven't even made it past Helgan yet. I just keep finding these mods to download.... Curses, to all you wonderful, creative people! Now I have to run SSEdit again and run through Helgan... And I'm threatening to get ahold of hubby's computer and clean all his files and optimize it because I'm tired of him complaining about crashes. I taught him about LOOT the other day! LOL Thank you all so much for making a decent game great!

Welcome to the forums... the part of Nexus a lot of people don't know exist.

It can be a fun place. Some of us like it so much, we've stayed for years....

Welcome!

Yay! I used to have a significant other. Hm? I think she may be upstairs grabbing mods/machine fixes in the configuration page (.ini for short) ever since she found out about mods here. I better go check.

Ah the trekking. Sorting through mods that add all sorts of interesting adjustments to different parts making it better for our video cards and CPUs. And the tales people come up with!

It's amazing what our minds can do when we get a spark of inspiration.

Oh! To craft a story (mod) people would like???

Enjoy!