Player.additem issue

justinrpg

I tried adding the following items:

0000C57F, 0000C580, 0000C581

It says that they were added, but the items are nowhere to be found when I bring up the inventory! I tried adding them again, and they are still not there. I added them a few more times, still tells me that they were added, but nothing. The only thing that happened is my weight keeps going up, but without any items to show! Now I over encumbered myself but I am unable to remove enough weight because of these items that claimed to have added but did not!

I looked in all the tabs and in the "bag" icon but they are not there. They are weighing me down but I can't get rid of them nor can I see them

I have the Game of the Year Edition

A bit of searching around tells me that there is an item limit, but I only have maybe 10 items. I just started a new game and wanted to start out with that armor.

Edited by justinrpg

Those are all non-playable items (Dremora Markynaz boots cuirass and greaves).

If you want items like that you will need to either use the Construction Set to make them playable first (not recommended) or use the console to give your character the Daedric equivalents (36359 boots, 3635b cuirass and 3635a greaves ... note that the leading zeros are not required).

- Edit - You can use the console to remove the unplayable items ... player.removeitem <baseID> <number> ... example player.removeitem c57f 1 will remove a single pair of Markynaz boots, and the console will report how many were there before removing that one. If you had 15 then the console will report that and your next console command then could be ... player.removeitem c57f 14

Edited by Striker879

Are capital letters required in the console for item ID's?

And does the equivalant items look like the ones that I tried to add? I think the armor the evil people wear in the Planes of Oblivion look cool

Edited by justinrpg

Yes the Daedric armor uses exactly the same meshes and textures, and no capitalization doesn't matter (so C57F is the same as c57f).

I am also having an issue with Dremora Kynreeve Shield. On one of my save files, I collected one from a Dremora Kynreeve himself that I defeated and I am able to equip it on that save file and it is there and shows that it is equipped and I can see it on my character.

However, on a new game, I tried adding both Dremora Kynreeve Shield values with the player.additem C57E 1 and player.additem 3E9B2 1

It adds to the inventory but I cannot equip it! Nothing happens when I equip it! It is NOT equipped despite the fact that it says it is! It is not visible on this new character.

I KNOW that it is playable because I have it in another save file!

Edited by justinrpg

Why are you not giving yourself the Daedric equipment. The Daedric shield (3635c) has the same weight as the Kynreeve shield with superior durability and armor rating (24 weight, 2025 durability and 22.5 armor rating vs 24, 750 & 16.5).

Can't say for certain why it may not be visible when granting yourself one thru the console ... all that stuff gets stuffed into one of my guy's storage chests in one of his houses (way too heavy for my tastes).

You aren't using Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul by chance?

3635c is the Deadric shield.

Sorry Justin ... no clue what it could be then without a complete mod list. I doubt it has anything to do with Toggle God Mode.

- Edit - I believe I know what's happening. If you have a two handed weapon equipped the shield doesn't show. Switch to a one handed weapon and see if the shield then shows up.

Edited by Striker879