FNIS-Vortex issue

varkonasnorse

I noticed something similar on the Appachi Hair mod. Mine says 1.6, but apparently I need to update to 1.6Full according to Vortex. There's no difference in the hashes of each version so I'm not sure what Vortex is using to determine that there is a new version. My hypothesis tells me it looks for simply a different version number that could be higher than the currently deployed version.

I get the same error message saying FNIS is older version (V 0.0) for FNIS Sexy Moves. Really beginning to hate Vortex. They did mention a learning curve, didn't they?

If this message comes, the FNIS depending mod can't read one of the FNIS script files (FNISVersion.pex).

I think there are at least two different things being reported here, which is why it would be super awesome if people posted
the actual message they're getting
instead of something vague like "Vortex is indicating..."

a) If you install FNIS as a mod within Vortex then vortex will check on Nexus Mods if there is a newer version available, just like any other mod. If you think this is wrong then you have to include in your report the version you have, the game this is about (since FNIS exists in different variants) and whether this is actually about the main FNIS application or rather some FNIS related mod like "Sexy Move".

b) If you use FNIS integration then Vortex will check the version meta information of the FNIS executable to ensure it's 7.4 or newer. Older versions didn't support integration in the way Vortex requires it.

In this case it doesn't matter, at all, what FNIS version you have installed inside Vortex as a mod.

What's relevant is the FNIS tool you have set up in the dashboard and what version _that_ exe has. You can find this out by opening windows explorer, navigating to FNIS (the one configured in the dashboard!) and hovering your mouse over the exe (again, in the path you have configured in the dashboard!)

Every time I investigate this kind of report so far, the user had multiple installations of FNIS and the one set up in the dashboard was some ancient copy and the shiny new version installed through Vortex was never even used.