fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT errors *FIXED*

steve40

Answers to steve40:

: "Unfortunately it is still possible for objects to unload in between calling is3DLoaded() and PlayAnimation(), so I anticipate that errors will still sneak into the logs occasionally."

PlayAnimation is not the culprit, the code line "mySFX.play(self)" is the the troublemaker and this is strong protected by conditions.

: "Your myF_Dust() function is a bit unnecessarily complicated though! Note that it is unnecessary to delete the explosion effect, as explosions self-delete automatically."

Sure.. a non-persistent objectReference should be deleted automatically. But why not doing it, if we have the control about the objectReference.

: ".. could have been ignored if you had used GetFormFromFile rather than GetForm"

I used this construct to show, how to detect DLCs or other Mods without papyrus log spam. The using of leading byte makes the code more comfortable imho.

: "Lastly, I've updated the list of FormIDs in my original post. I had a couple of typos, I missed a couple of forms, plus I've added FormIDs for the two effects added by Dragonborn DLC03."

I'm sorry, my first approach I made 1.5 year ago. I have never seen your adjustments or Dragonborn edits. Nevertheless with my second approach it's unnecessary to know where is the cell or what is the FormID of the cell. Eventually endless stack loops clean up with 1 error in papyrus log file.

: "I should also mention that USKP/USLEEP already includes a fix for fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT afaik."

Yes, you're right USKP is fixing the vanilla script. But I'm not sure about the using of OnUpdate() in the USKP scripts.

: "I would hope that by now people would be using those patches before beginning a new game and therefore not requiring our script fixes."

Hmm..

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Update: It works with Special Edition (with the same files of the first post).

+1

I did run twice under Skyrim SE into the CTD (and papyrus log) as described in the beginning.

Since uploading those files, it hasn't reoccurred.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Don't Know if this thread is active almost a year after the last post but I've got a related problem in SE, I've tried steve's solution, and it did not seem to work (Kept crashing, kept throwing the same error). Anybody help? it seems to be occurring more often

Edited by d2341k

• 3 weeks later...
Mano muitissimo obrigado. Depois desse tempo todo eu ainda amo skyrim,principalmente com mods e vc me ajudou a resolver o erro que estava me atormentando pra caramba e o seus scripts ainda removeram o lag que estava. Valeu mesmo de coração ð

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...