fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT errors *FIXED*

steve40

dammit. i had this installed before but musta forgot to again after a reinstall of the game. i'm not to far into a new game. just to whiterun. should i start a new game or ya think i'll be okay? i checked pap and lotsa dust errors in helgen cave. so should i restart my game? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my gorsh! I've been trying to figure out this CTD/Freezing problem for the past week. I thought it was mod related, so I did a fresh reinstall of the game and the mods one by one, testing over and over, etc., etc.

I will give this a try Steve40, and see if it fixes things. My issue seemed to always, always be on horseback when in exteriors only, and seemed to be at very specific locations (like east of Winterhold on the road out of town, or south of Riverwood near the waterfalls). Seems those darn pine needles not only get in my eyes and hair but in my papyrus logs as well. lol

Anyway, I'll post later if this indeed fixes the issues I'm having. Thanks again for this, will keep you posted!

Quick edit: I have the following cell locations in the dustdrop logs:

030182AF

030134BA

030182B2

0300F0DB

03004FE1

0301869D

I'm guessing that they are Hearthfire (being cells starting with 02 appear to be Dawnguard related, and 04 appear to be Dragonborn related). I dunno, just a guess. Anyway, does anyone have a list of the Hearthfire or 03 cells?

Okay, so after cleaning up all the dustdrop errors that I could find via the available list, I'm still getting freezes. This is only in exteriors and only while on horseback. The freezes are less frequent, and all of them are related to the 03.... type locations I listed above in my previous edit. So, does anyone have a list of those locations for me, so I can 'coc' console them and get my game running smoothly? I'd greatly appreciate it, and it'd be a nice birthday present (I haven't been able to get Skyrim CTD/Freeze-free for nearly a month now).

Thanks!

Edited by TroggyTrog

Quick edit: I have the following cell locations in the dustdrop logs:

030182AF

030134BA

030182B2

0300F0DB

03004FE1

0301869D

I'm guessing that they are Hearthfire (being cells starting with 02 appear to be Dawnguard related, and 04 appear to be Dragonborn related). I dunno, just a guess. Anyway, does anyone have a list of the Hearthfire or 03 cells?

Those are Dawnguard locations, so it is 03 in your load order.

Thanks for the quick feedback Steve40...

So, I'm using the Skyrimsearch.com site to try to track down the exact 03 Dawnguard locations, but I'm not seeing them there. I am aware their first 2 numbers for the location will be different due to load order, but I'm not seeing the last 6 numbers in those combinations I've listed in my earlier post.

Hmmm.

I'm relatively new to modding, but am learning quickly that right when you think you found a solution to a mod problem, you uncover something else you've never heard of. I do appreciate your help and your .psc and .pex files and bug fix. They have got me in the right direction. I think I just need to figure out how to find these Dawnguard locations and get them clean, and I'm hoping I should be good from that point on. My game is lightly modded, so if I must do a fresh reinstall and start a new game, I guess I'll have to. The thing is, I'd really like to avoid that (who wouldn't). I have hundreds of hours in this original game that I'm just now starting to mod. It'd be a shame to lose this game (been playing it since 11-11-11). Plus, I have a youtube let's play that's saved games might be corrupted as well. Darn this papyrus error junk!

LOL...sigh

Well, I'll keep checking around and digging and see if I can find these Dawnguard locations. Perhaps, Skyrimsearch.com's list isn't complete? Is there any other place that has a list of locations and their numbers?

Thanks again for the help! I'm kinda at my wits end here.

EDIT: Been burning the midnight oil here and completely overlooked you posting some Dawnguard locations a few pages back. I apologize. Just didn't see those. I'll start the 'coc' process and see where that puts me (I'm thinking there might be a few other errors in my papyrus log that are not dustdrop related). But, I'll update you as to how things look here soon. Again, thanks Steve40 for your script wizards skills! Maybe I will have a happy birthday after all (all I want to do is play Skyrim with no CTDs/Freezes for my birthday!...LOL)

Update: Looks like everything DustDrop related is cleared up now...applied the fixes and 'coc' to the Dawnguard locations. The only papyrus log errors I'm seeing now are in regard to NirnrootActivatorScript and Crittermoth something or other. I think you have a fix for this as well, correct? I'll go check that out and apply the medicine! Wow, I might truly get a CTD/Freeze-free Skyrim birthday! Happy Birthday to me, and thank you Steve!

Edited by TroggyTrog

So, I'm using the Skyrimsearch.com site to try to track down the exact 03 Dawnguard locations, but I'm not seeing them there. I am aware their first 2 numbers for the location will be different due to load order, but I'm not seeing the last 6 numbers in those combinations I've listed in my earlier post.

All the codes/locations are in the spoiler in my first post :tongue:

Some further feedback...

So, after successfully applying the fixes for DustDrop problem, I was at the COW Tamriel 0 0 location. From there I ran on foot up to Bleak Falls (south) and down the hillside towards Anise's cabin. Was on my way to the Lake house from hearthfire, and I never fast travel unless I have to. Within 5 mins, in these woods near Anise's cabin, I had a Freeze. Nothing noteworthy in the papyrus log, either. So, I loaded back up and tried again. Same exact thing. This happened the same way 5 times in a row. I had forgotten that I had turned ugrids to 7 for a test earlier, and so switched it back to default (yes, I use the cell stabilizer and all that). So, back at ugrids 5 and didn't notice anything odd...the normal stutter once in a while but nothing serious. Got to the hearthfire lake house, got on my horse, and--using convenient horses adjusted horse speeds to 30% and horse to unlimited stamina). Then I did a torture test, and rode that darn horse all over the Skyrim map at full sprint with the 30% bonus, for get this, nearly 2 hours. I got bored of that, but it proved my point. I never CTD'd or had a screen Freeze in that entire test. This was a constant sprint with ultra graphics settings, 2k textures, SMIM, and all that. Granted, I don't have a lot of crazy scripted mods installed yet, but I think it was a good test and proved things are much, much better!

So, thanks Steve! Your papyrus log error fixes seem to have solved whatever it was that kept my game crashing and freezing...I very much appreciate it! Cheers!!! Maybe now I can pick up my let's play of Skyrim (yes, my channel goes by the same handle, TroggyTrog). However, I'll do that if youtube plays fair...which right now they seem to favor being the draconian despot overlord or skynet (yes, they did buy Boston Dynamics the other day, I read). LOL!

Anyway, thanks Steve! :) Happy New Year!

This fix and method has worked for me as well and allowed me to enjoy playing again, thank you very very much! Just a note in the coc, you should be a bit clearer that you need to put the hold id in from so it's "coc WhiterunBanneredMare" and not "coc BanneredMare". Also capitalizing the words seems to matter as well.

Just a note in the coc, you should be a bit clearer that you need to put the hold id in from so it's "coc WhiterunBanneredMare" and not "coc BanneredMare". Also capitalizing the words seems to matter as well.

Or maybe people should follow the instructions more carefully! :tongue: