ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Remember the first time you played oblivion ?

Maddy21

Just a fun thread where i wanted to ask member how they felt the first time the got out of the sewer and saw the huge open land . Went went though Your mind at that time . Where did you go first . I can bet 100$ 90% of them went right into the Aylid ruin in front of the sewer in the Island... Ironically i never used fast travel .. I walked everywhere seeings Inns,bridges avoiding highwaymen. went inside every inn . stopped a few times to enjoy the atmosphere .. The first time is always the best time . still after all these years thanks to mods and more to Bethesda the game still awe's me with the graphics...

I probably stared for a good ten minutes. I was like TREES.

I spent the next few hours inside the Imperial City, because the landscape was too overwhelming at the time. That was my first open-world game, and one of my first rpgs, so the freedom was intimidating. It was a few years before I could play another rpg without hating it though; after Oblivion missions and rigid quests just feel tedious.

I can remember first getting it for the Xbox 360, and I was so eager to play it. I surged through the tutorial dungeon to the exit, and outside I think I just said "whoa."

Then I vent over to Vilverin and started killing some bandits. :)

Actually, it took me until recently to start exploring ruins. I literally never touched them or dungeons...was never my thing. (Though I love them now.) So the ruin staring me in the face when I exited the sewer went entirely ignored.

As soon as I was out of the sewer, comically enough, I realised how infernally ugly my character was when I saw her in full light. So, before I could dig in to the game, I had to dive into the race menu a few times to fix things up.

Then, I think, my first impulse was to swim! (I'm a sucker for swimming in any game.) Paddled around for a while, then dug straight into the main quest. I don't think I got into any side quests at all. The main one captured all my attention and it was a good way to see all the different scenery.

I do recall I was just blown away when taking Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple. Riding through the forest and seeing all the tall trees.

And, of course, I fell in love with the horses and riding in Oblivion, so I spent a lot of time just trotting around.

:biggrin:

I probably stared for a good ten minutes. I was like TREES.

I spent the next few hours inside the Imperial City, because the landscape was too overwhelming at the time. That was my first open-world game, and one of my first rpgs, so the freedom was intimidating. It was a few years before I could play another rpg without hating it though; after Oblivion missions and rigid quests just feel tedious.

sound just like me but 3 weeks ago :)

After escaping the dungeon, I was quite taken with the unbelievable amount of freedom. It was my first "fully" open world game, but I ended up trying to pickpocket a guard and failed. I rolled with it, and after fending off a few guards I retreated out of the imperial city. They chased me a long way, because every time I lost them another few would appear on horses. When I finally escaped, I wandered around for a while. I didn't have a clue where to go, but when I saw a city (I think it was Anvil) in the distance I decided to check it out. I was crossing a farm when 3 guards poured in. I realised I couldn't escape and I didn't have 10k to pay off the fine, so I surrendered and went to jail.

I didn't get out for 200 days :laugh:

Never felt quite so "lost" in a game since then.

Actually, it took me until recently to start exploring ruins. I literally never touched them or dungeons...was never my thing. (Though I love them now.) So the ruin staring me in the face when I exited the sewer went entirely ignored.

As soon as I was out of the sewer, comically enough, I realised how infernally ugly my character was when I saw her in full light. So, before I could dig in to the game, I had to dive into the race menu a few times to fix things up.

Then, I think, my first impulse was to swim! (I'm a sucker for swimming in any game.) Paddled around for a while, then dug straight into the main quest. I don't think I got into any side quests at all. The main one captured all my attention and it was a good way to see all the different scenery.

I do recall I was just blown away when taking Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple. Riding through the forest and seeing all the tall trees.

And, of course, I fell in love with the horses and riding in Oblivion, so I spent a lot of time just trotting around.

:biggrin:

I can hardly remember, but I think I went swimming the first time too! I mean, there's just so much water everywhere (which looked pretty beautiful, especially for a 2006 game), so I couldn't resist. And when I found the slaughterfish which is like, right in front of you when you escape the sewers, it reminded me of Morrowind.

I also remember spending a ton of time in the market district.

• 6 months later...
I remember it well. After standing and marveling at the beauty of the scenery for a few minutes, I made my way into the Market District as I knew how inadequate my equipment was. I spent a few hours there nickel-and-diming my way to better gear by going through crates and barrels for items to sell, and by gathering and selling water hyacinth and sacred lotus from the waterways. After I had bought some better gear, it was off to Weynon Priory. That was four years ago, and finally, after playing it repeatedly since with mods, I finally completed the main quest last week after deciding to play it all the way through in vanilla. I'm revving up to start a new modded game tonight.

I remember my dad thinking the game would be good so we got it for the x-box. And as soon as i left the sewers i just fast traveld strait into the imperial city and i dont remember how but first thing i start on the dark brotherhood quests after trying and faleing the theavs guild intro quest. I am so glad i dident just buy another pokemon game. Edited by 22xander