Game broken when using ANY Nexus mods.

ramakgaming

I've spent an entire 2 and a half weeks trying to fix Skyrim, with Nexus mods... and it refuses to work.

I can use Steam Workshop mods only, and have no problems, but if I install ANY and I mean ANY Nexus mods, then when I open the game up and click on NEW, the game stops responding. If I load a previous save, the game will go to a loading screen like normal, but shortly after it will CTD, every time.

It's been doing this for 2 and a half weeks, no one seems to be able to help me, and I can't help myself. Bethesda won't help me, because they don't deal with modding, Steam Support doesn't support other site mods.

So I'm left with The Nexus Forums to find help. I understand there is a lot of posts on the forums, and someone may or may not be able to help me, but I hope to God somebody can, because this is the most stressful thing I've ever experienced as an adult.

Skyrim is my favorite game, and I haven't been able to play it for 2 and a half weeks. I don't like it unmodded, it's better modded. I don't like to give up, ever. But I can't do this on my own, I have tried long enough and got no where.

I have the latest beta driver for Nvidia, the last time the game was playable with Nexus Mods, I had the latest Nvidia driver but no Beta driver.

I won't get to do a lot of fixing to the game today, due to important things going on, but when I can - I'll read what you guys say, and respond when I can and work on it as we go.

Thank you for your time.

Your drivers may not be correctly installed. NVidia changed the way to do this but didn't get the word out well. So if you use the update drivers function from the Steam interface, or from your own computer's control panel, you will have incorrectly installed drivers which will cause a huge number of problems. You can also no longer use the rollback function as it was intended. You may want to read this link and follow the instructions exactly, then see if your problem is solved. Even if it isn't, at least your drivers will work correctly!

I'm no expert...I'm the 1st to admit it. But my troubles went away...well 95% of them did when I installed BOSS and let Boss organize my mod load order for me. I use all of the following and a lot from STEAM as well and have no CTD's.−General Messages

Note: Latest BOSS thread: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1395580-relz-boss-for-skyrim/

−Summary

No change in recognised plugin list since last run.

Your masterlist is already at the latest revision (r4853; Jul 20, 2012). No update necessary.

Recognised plugins: 80 Warning messages: 0

Unrecognised plugins: 2 Error messages: 0

Ghosted plugins: 0 Total number of messages: 8

Total number of plugins: 82

Plugins sorted by user rules are counted as recognised plugins.

−Script Extender And Script Extender Plugins

SKSE Version: 0.1.5.9

−Recognised And Re-ordered Plugins

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Omegared99-Compilation.esm Active

JSwords.esm Active

ApachiiHair.esm Active

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

VampireInvisibleItemsFix.esp Active

chopping_block_wood_fires.esp Active

Requires: DLC HighResTexturePack

MintyLightningMod.esp Active

Bardsoundsmalukah.esp Active

DFG's Blade & Dagger Sheathe Sounds.esp Active

CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights.esp Active

realrain.esp Active

Note: Use only one realrain.esp

Warmer Magic Lights v2.esp Active

SkyrimURWL.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active

Birds.esp Active

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active

Dr_Bandolier.esp Active

hellayracedesc.esp Active

LFox Bottle That Blood.esp Active

lush trees.esp Active

Auto Unequip Arrows.esp Active

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp Active

black mage armor.esp Active

Bucklers-Complete.esp Active

1nivWICCloaks.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}

1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp Active

dragonpriestmasks.esp Active

EinherjarArmor.esp Active

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active

Mystic.esp Active

Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp Active

Omegared99-Compilation-NPC Plugin.esp Active

SeraticArmor.esp Active

witchplate.esp Active

BuildableHouse.esp Active

razorshade.esp Active

Reaper's The Dark Tower.esp Active

Masters of Death.esp Active

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active

armored-horses.esp Active

Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Normal Weight).esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Normal Weight).esp Active

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (Ranked).esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives.esp Active

BetterStaffofMagnus.esp Active

lush grass and trees.esp Active

MageFriendlyDragonPriestMasks.esp Active

Realistic werewolf speed.esp Active

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active

better vampires.esp Active

nighteye.esp Active

Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp Active

spelltomeconjureetherealhorse.esp Active

URWL_BNDN.esp Active

The Dance of Death.esp Active

Balanced_Alteraton.esp Active

Balanced_Conjuration.esp Active

Balanced_Destruction.esp Active

Balanced_Illusion.esp Active

Balanced_Restoration.esp Active

Balanced_Magic_Master.esp Active

Note: Choose only one of the below - optional if you prefer vanilla settings or other mods which adjust these values.

TheEyesofBeauty.esp Active

Horses for followers.esp Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active

Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.

Demon Horse.esp Active

Better Follower Improvements.esp Active

moveit.esp Active

WATER.esp Active

WATER - Get Wet.esp Active

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp Active

−Unrecognised Plugins

Reorder these by hand using your favourite mod ordering utility.

crimson dragon armor.esp Active

SummonSkeletalHorde.esp Active

Try BOSS if you haven't and see if using it to arrange your load orders will help you out. I know it's frustrating Ramak...I'm 41 and have lost a LOT of patience when things don't work as I wish them too. I'm telling you though...I have right at 100 mods installed and the last CTD I had was more than 2 weeks ago and that was user ignorance...not the fault of MOD makers..though I admit I'm quick to want to say "It's the MOD" when in reality...it's just a simple load order a lot of times. Give it a try if you haven't. See if it helps.

Edited by Reaper0021

Okay. Then last thing I can say. Based on my OWN EXPERIENCE and nothing else. I did a full uninstall of the game, deleting all folders, reinstalled fresh and started with NO Steam mods. First, delete and unsubscribe to the Steam mods so they don't load up when you reinstall the game. Then, do the Nexus mods you want 1st one at a time. I did this when I had messed up my game BAD with scripts, bad .ini files, etc. Maybe try that. Edited by Reaper0021

Thank you for that information Reaper0021 - IT WORKED! I can finally play the game again! HOORAY!

This is something that needs stickied, for in case others have this problem, it can be easily found!

Okay. Then last thing I can say. Based on my OWN EXPERIENCE and nothing else. I did a full uninstall of the game, deleting all folders, reinstalled fresh and started with NO Steam mods. First, delete and unsubscribe to the Steam mods so they don't load up when you reinstall the game. Then, do the Nexus mods you want 1st one at a time. I did this when I had messed up my game BAD with scripts, bad .ini files, etc. Maybe try that.