⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is farengar the worst voice-over?

Cipherthe3vil

Farengar has to be one of the worst voice-overs ever, is he? Can anyone think of anyone worse? I'm sure out of Skyrim there is bound to be a worse one somewhere, but I mean whithin Skyrim. And maybe out as a side-venture.

I ask because I just realized just how incredibly dull and off key it is. He sounds like whoever voiced it did it on the first time without ever reading the script before and they decided to use that first go.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but the voice that gets me is Belethor (and all the other characters voiced by the same actor).

you have a couple of conversations with Farengar and never hear him talk again.

half the population of Skyrim seem to be voiced by Belethor and they talk to you if you just walk past them.

I noticed too, farengar voice over just seems like a guy reading a script for the fist time, plus the whole conversation is stupid, "so the Jarl says you have use to me, ah yes he must be refering to the dragon research" -.- all this after the jarl tell him that he found somebody that could help with his dragon project.

Bethesda just has very few voice actors that they want to use for some reason, same for oblivion. Kinda sad... I mean, they are all good at doing it, but it gets old when every other male is belethor and every other female is gurdur

Off the top of my head, Tulius, his voice changed drastically at one point while talking which didn't sound so nice to me (like it went all high pitch and stuff which sounded way out of place)

And maybe even Ulfric, or maybe that's just my personal opinion(didn't like how he sounded)

Farengar is actually done by the same guy who does Festus Krex, who's voice acting I thought was pretty good. Never really had an opionion either way on Farengar, maybe 'cuz I talk to him so little.

I was surprised to learn that the guy who does Belathor (and so many others) also does Barbas the dog. (And that Lynda Carter, wonder woman from TV days gone by, does Azura and others.)

Bethesda just has very few voice actors that they want to use for some reason, same for oblivion. Kinda sad... I mean, they are all good at doing it, but it gets old when every other male is belethor and every other female is gurdur

They were suppose to have 70 voice actors for skyrim, though I must admit sometimes the voices all look the same to me, kind like oblivion.