Guild Wars 2 Guild

Jagermh

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. When I first booted it up and got into character customisation I thought "dear god, surely this must be a cutscene engine!" When i finally got into the game I was absolutely blown away much as I was by GW 1. This game really looks special by MMO standards, but the facegen is absolutely amazing, vastly superior to say, Fallout NV.

Well, maybe Steam having borked itself on my desktop is a sign that I need to be going over to GW2.

Is there a good guide for beginner players?

its honestly not that hard to pick up. im an MMO noob, and while im sure i dont know every detail (such as crafting, havent got a clue as to what to do there) i picked up the basics very fast.

a few tips for early XP and money. as soon as you can, buy the three gathering tools. you get scaling XP when you gather things (by scaling i mean, you dont continue to get 5xp the whole time, the higher your level, the more youll get) plus all that stuff could be useful once you figure out crafting...make sure you deposit that stuff often as it will fill up your bag. i also bought 4 bags early on too, they are cheap, and ive filled them up before.

next, sell everything else. weapons you arent using, armor, items, etc. youll need the money. you need 10 silver for level 10 to get your traits. idk if it was just me, but that was hard to get unless i sold everything...also make sure you check your mail. after almost every Heart Quest, youll get mail with varying amounts money. Copper at first, but im finally starting to see some silver pieces at level 17.

also, try out all your weapon sets. buy the weapons if you have to. its cheap. find what play style you like. which combos of weapons. with the exception of Engineer and Elementalist, you unlock the ability to swap weapons at level 7, so youll have to take some time to figure out what you like. i swap my weapon sets, what im using, often. i dont stick with the same couple of weapons. all depends on what im in the mood for.

lastly, when trying a class, dont give up on it till about level 5. i say this because, 5 levels of early play gives you a good feel of the class. you can unlock most if not all the weapon abilities for it. you gett a good feel of the class and the race. plus at level 5 is when you unlock the first tier of Skill to choose from, and then you can see if its got abilities that interest you or not. if it does, then maybe its worth playing more to see if you enjoy the class and its skill abilities. if not, then maybe the class isnt right for you. for example, i was playing the guardian. got it to level 10, and the skill abilities just dont appeal to me. because the weapon unlocks unlock fast, its the skill abilities that will mix things up more then anything, thats why i say and wait till lvl 5 and see what the class is offering.

I've actually been having so much fun with this game I totally forgot to pick up my retail copy so I couldn't play it when I went to go boot it up last night xD

But yeah, I'm personally not a huge MMO person, but I've always liked Guild Wars. I can't freaking wait to reach Lvl. 40+ though so I can get some new looking armor. I'm honestly pretty tired of pretty much having only Chainmail, Ringmail, and Scale Armor as practically my only choices for my warrior. That's really my only qualm with the game so far, but besides that, I've been having a blast.