Table Settings

DavidWhitefang

I have decided to release the items contained in 'FileOne' of my TableSettings mod, in a version which contains an esp for the players who just can't use the CS. I will most likely place them in a chest.

So, I have a question, as I need my memory refreshed! I don't think we are able to use the console commands to duplicate items from mods, am I remembering this correctly?

If we can't, I would like your opinions as to how many of each item should be placed in the chest... I don't want to place to few, but I don't want to overload it either.

Your input is appreciated! Thanks,

David

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to release the items contained in 'FileOne' of my TableSettings mod, in a version which contains an esp for the players who just can't use the CS. I will most likely place them in a chest.

So, I have a question, as I need my memory refreshed! I don't think we are able to use the console commands to duplicate items from mods, am I remembering this correctly?

If we can't, I would like your opinions as to how many of each item should be placed in the chest... I don't want to place to few, but I don't want to overload it either.

David

We can duplicate items from mods. That's how I got one of my current companions, I made a copy of one of the girls at the Apachii Goddess store. Of course I used setactorfull copy.

To get a duplicate of an item from a mod, you need it's base ID from the CS and the hexadecimal mod number -- given by both Wrye Bash and OBMM..

see this post

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=535956

Now this doesn't really solve it but you could list the Form IDs in the Readme, I've often wished Modders would do that.

The best way to solve this is to make a quest that they can open up the CS and type something like:

StartQuest TableSetGive

That will automatically put a complete set of service in their inventory. I'd say either 4 or 6.

David

We can duplicate items from mods. That's how I got one of my current companions, I made a copy of one of the girls at the Apachii Goddess store. Of course I used setactorfull copy.

To get a duplicate of an item from a mod, you need it's base ID from the CS and the hexadecimal mod number -- given by both Wrye Bash and OBMM..

see this post

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=535956

Now this doesn't really solve it but you could list the Form IDs in the Readme, I've often wished Modders would do that.

The best way to solve this is to make a quest that they can open up the CS and type something like:

StartQuest TableSetGive

That will automatically put a complete set of service in their inventory. I'd say either 4 or 6.

On the other hand you could make it a respawning chest. Which isn't such a bad idea either. It would refill every 3 days, and they could make use of it completely ingame.

Thank-You very Much, Myrmaad!!

I have gone with the respawning chest advice.

LOL... as to what you said about duplicating the npcs from a mod as a companion... I suppose I'm guilty of just always actually enticing the original to follow me! I may try the duplication method next time.

Thanks,

David

Thank-You very Much, Myrmaad!!

I have gone with the respawning chest advice.

LOL... as to what you said about duplicating the npcs from a mod as a companion... I suppose I'm guilty of just always actually enticing the original to follow me! I may try the duplication method next time.

Thanks,

David

I've been thinking about this, and I'm hoping you put service for 12 in the chest, that way they don't have to take it all if they can't carry it, but if they are trying to do a large castle or a couple of houses, they will have plenty. If they don't use it, it will never "overfill". (Hello, I'm myrmaad, and I'm a House-A-Holic. :/ )

I think it would be great if there was a vendor later, but if you put it near your favorite castle it might be as if the delivery to the castle "fell off the truck". Of course I've never even seen a cart on the roads, but :) but I think I'm just too busy looking out for danger ;)

As for the companion, someone has to be there to mind the store!!

Thank you David and Myrmaad,

David, so, you are saying I can do it exactly the same way I added the piano to the other house mod? Okay, I know how to do that.

Mymaad, Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I always keep a copy of all the mods I have downloaded. By changing the name, I meant by adding a version number so I can distinguish what I have done from the original. Besides, I would not pass it on to anyone, unless I asked permission and then credited the original modder and said what I'd changed. When I was learning to mod Mowrrowind, it seemed there were massive problems changing a mod, so I always did clean saves and made version numbers.

I am very-much impressed with what you've done!

I can delete the mod page and create a new one for you with working ratings/comments.

Just let me know and I'll fix 'er up.

You won't have the 225 download count preserved though but it could be mentioned that the true count is the current + 225.

LHammonds

Hey Tamara,

Yes, it's the same as the piano was...but each item will have to be added to the construction set individually, the same way the piano was, except the furniture which isn't marked 'static' If you run into trouble, just let me know. I hope you have fun with this mod!

Hello LHammonds,

I have decided to just let this mod stand as it is. I am ok with it. It must've happened for a reason, lol.

*** I also want to point out that I just added the new file called 'FileOneESP' which is usable by anyone, for those who may not be able to use the construction set. The items will be located in a chest in the Skingrad bakery.

I hope you all enjoy it!

David

*** I also want to point out that I just added the new file called 'FileOneESP' which is usable by anyone, for those who may not be able to use the construction set. The items will be located in a chest in the Skingrad bakery.

I hope you all enjoy it!

David

Aha! The perfect spot!