Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11-11-12

lol.

i'm guessing dawnguard may be delayed until bugs found in the xbox version are fixed first,

they might also dovetail the pc release date whenever patch v1.7 is out of beta.

Edited by xlcr

All we can hope is that the wait for Dawnguard on PC is worth it. Now that I think about it, although XBOX got it first and the players would technically experience bugs on the console, (which would then be fixed with patches and hopefully before the PC release) those bugs would probably be mostly semantic errors, as the code for the PC would probably be different. We might still get syntactic errors. =(

I don't think I'm making sense. Tired from modding and failures.

All we can hope is that the wait for Dawnguard on PC is worth it. Now that I think about it, although XBOX got it first and the players would technically experience bugs on the console, (which would then be fixed with patches and hopefully before the PC release) those bugs would probably be mostly semantic errors, as the code for the PC would probably be different. We might still get syntactic errors. =(

Yeah I get where your coming from. You also didn't mention the potential for mod conflicts if they got sloppy with the dlc. However, I think most of the bugs noted in the console version would be fixed for the pc one. Its not like they built the dlc on the xbox then ported it over to pc, they built it on the pc and ported it to the consoles. Of course I am just being optimistic, even in the face of prior buggy dlc from Bethesda :P

Yeah I get where your coming from. You also didn't mention the potential for mod conflicts if they got sloppy with the dlc. However, I think most of the bugs noted in the console version would be fixed for the pc one. Its not like they built the dlc on the xbox then ported it over to pc, they built it on the pc and ported it to the consoles. Of course I am just being optimistic, even in the face of prior buggy dlc from Bethesda :P

Actually they built it on a PC for the xbox, and then ported it back to PC and PS3. Another reason for the delay, is the PS3 skipped the 1.6 patch, that will be included in patch 1.7, which Dawnguard is supposed to be dependent on, according to internet here-say. And that the FIGS (French, Italian, German, and Spanish) ver.'s of Dawnguard came out a week or two after the English ver., there's a lot of speculation going on with not much credible info atm. What we do know is that we don't know. Here's a link http://www.gamepur.com/news/8686-pete-hine-skyrim-dawnguard-dlc-not-coming-ps3-and-pc-soon.html

EDIT: I didn't mean for this post to sound like I was poking at the consoles, and thought nothing of it until re-reading this post, just sharing what I had seen about it.

Edited by fms1