Any way to export a multipart mesh in blender that stays joined in nif

devinpatterson

This is mostly in reference to firearms that I attach to a players armature (as an armor) to function as holstered weapons for display, for this mod. When I join or parent the parts of a firearm in blender it appears to have no effect in Nifskope.........when I move them about in nifskope I have to apply the same translations to the gun, the trigger, the sight etc etc. The only way to get the weapons positioned correctly so far has been by translating them in nifskope and as tedious as it is I'd rather not have to do it for each part of a weapon.

Is there something I can do in blender or nifskope to join these separate pieces and make my life a little bit easier.

you could create a ninode, add those mesh objects as a child to that ninode, then move just translate the ninode, which would in turn move all it's children.

If you are messing around in blender though, if all the objects share the same texture sheet, meaning they can all be one material you can just attach all the objects into one mesh object.