game crashes when using ninirim outfits

legendarysword

she makes/ports a lot of outfits for oldrim, which means you will need to optimize the mesh files for said outfits (using SSE Nif Optimizer, found on this site)

also if any of them outfits include oldrim specular maps, enviroment maps, etc etc, they will most likely need to be compressed, using SSE Assets Optimizer (also found on this site)

after using both tools on the outfits, you should not crash anymore when equipping them.

What she does is steal assets from other games and illegally ports them to Skyrim/Oldrim then uploads them. My guess would be that it has nothing to do with textures or optimizing for SSE, but everything to do with bad porting or bad bone weighting etc.

It's a simple process to port assets from pretty much every game that has ever used 3D models. Deviantart is chock full of them, but you aren't allowed to upload them as your own. That's my guess as to why they aren't posted here on the Nexus.

My advice = Unless you are very familiar with handling and modifying meshes and using programs such as Blender and Outfit Studio, then stick to using only mods from this website, as (for the most part) only working "legal" mods get posted here.

hey everyone so i figured out which outfits crash my game so they are Bless MD 0013, Damaged Feather, Bless MD 0204 crashing their skyrim se because I have been having problems with these 3 outfits crashing my game. I cant use the full packs because they contain at least one of these, the way i figured it out was to download each outfit individually do some trial and error with the add item menu mod to figure out which ones dont crash my game. I tried optimizing them but it didnt really help. but i got a good chunk of them to work so thats good

Edited by legendarysword

My advice = Unless you are very familiar with handling and modifying meshes and using programs such as Blender and Outfit Studio, then stick to using only mods from this website, as (for the most part) only working "legal" mods get posted here.

Somewhat the case but not fully. There are sites like Lovers Lab that are for mods that are just too far over on the 'adult' side for here. The whole 'sexLab' series of stuff is there even though 'flowergirls' is here, because 'sexlab' has plugins that go... kinda extreme...

But yeah, when people are hiding on a place like Patreon it's usually a bad sign. Legit paid mods could probably get a lot more exposure over on Bethesda's setup. Some of those get spammed at me everytime I use steam to start my game...

That said I recognize a LOT of the outfits the person in question here 'made', because a wholly different but also Korean mod author on LLs is also posting those outfits...

I've seen stuff here that also looked like it was ripped from another game. Some of it with post dates years back. But I also lack enough familiarity with other games to be sure...

Edited by Jyotai