Skyrim NPCs don't have names, can't interact

bolmeteus6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,i have same issue,but i haven't any mods installed.Only Dragonborn,Dawnguard and Hearthfire. It happens with Ysolda only (I want to marry her later but she won't give me quest to bring her mammoth tusk),can someone help me ?

EDIT : I already tried disabling/enabling her,kill and ressurect her and reset her AI.

Another EDIT : Don't know how,but it solved itself

Edited by FuciMiNaKule

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you guys can help; i have several npc's (and dead npcs) that I cannot interact with at all. No name shows up,nothing. Most of the them do seem to be vampires/death hounds/dawnguard related, but the main wizard in solitude (names start with s's) is also non, interactable, and wierdly, according to a detect life spell, not alive. Any advice would be appreciated. and yes i do have several mods installed as well as dawnguard hearthfire and dragonborn. thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Okay so this is all good and resolved and all, but deactivating sneak tools doesn't do it for my game, and Serana appears to be the only one left unable to talk to. This is a major pain, as I have yet to finish the dawnguard quest. Is there anything I can do to "reset" her after I've dealt with all the bad things?

You didn't remove the cowl and stop the mod from MCM before you removed the mod. For all purposes, the game thinks you're still wearing it.

Re-enable the mod in your load list, go back to a save before you removed it, unequip the cowl, throw it away, do the proper uninstallation process on MCM, and only then disable the esp.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense. Any head gear that covers your face (hood, priest mask, etc), conceal your identity, if you look closely, normal folks will walk away from you always looking at you because you're suspicious. Funny thing is that I read about that in the Sneak Tools mod, but I don't remember reading anything about disabling npc's talk, lol.

• 3 months later...