Smart Cast SE

nniicckk24

I just found out about the smart cast mod and it looks like a really useful mod. It also looks like there use to be a port of smart cast for SE that is gone now. Does anyone know why it was taken down? And does anyone know if there is anyway to download the SE version?

It was taken down because the person who ported it didn't get permission to port it.

I use it in SE and it works just fine

Is there anywhere else I can download it? Or do you mean you're using the oldrim version in SE?

Edited by nniicckk24

1. First, use a mod manager

2. Download SmartCast for Oldrim

3. If you don't have Bethesda Archive Extractor 0.10 (google for BAE 010 Skyrim) , download it

4. Drag&Drop and unpack SmartCast.bsa and put the loose files into the same folder

5. Delete the .bsa

6. Optional but recommended: Load the SmartCast.esp into the CreationKit for SSE, set it as active file and just save it again.

7. Done

If you don't do step 4-5, Skyrim SSE will crash on launch because it can't load Oldrim .bsa archives. If you dont load&save the .esp in the new CreationKit, the .esp internal number won't switch from 43 (oldrim) to 44 (SSE) and it may cause problems but don't have to.

• 5 months later...

3. If you don't have Bethesda Archive Extractor 0.10 (google for BAE 010 Skyrim) , download it

4. Drag&Drop and unpack SmartCast.bsa and put the loose files into the same folder

5. Delete the .bsa

6. Optional but recommended: Load the SmartCast.esp into the CreationKit for SSE, set it as active file and just save it again.

7. Done

If you don't do step 4-5, Skyrim SSE will crash on launch because it can't load Oldrim .bsa archives. If you dont load&save the .esp in the new CreationKit, the .esp internal number won't switch from 43 (oldrim) to 44 (SSE) and it may cause problems but don't have to.

Thank you so much for this!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

5. Delete the .bsa

7. Done

thanks a lot...

how i how i now pack to bsa ?