How Many Mods Has This Guy 'Stolen'.

nonamenomad

Have a look at this guys workshop and decide for yourself.

I recognize at least three that aren't theirs and have reported one of them.

Their response to me informing them that I'd reported it, to give a fair chance to reply, was to just block me from replying.

Their Steam Community workshop page: http://steamcommunit...es/?appid=72850

The mod I reported (Posted March 29th 2012 - 10:32pm): http://steamcommunit...tails/?id=19401

IcePenguin has confirmed that it was stolen.

IcePenguins original (Uploaded December 30th 2011 - 18:40): http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929

I hate plagiarists!:verymad:

Edited by nonamenomad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported ripped content the other day and they took it down next day, I hear they are not that effecient with stolen mods.

I reported ripped content the other day and they took it down next day, I hear they are not that effecient with stolen mods.

That's because ripped content could get them in trouble with attorneys while mod authors can't send the suits in after them. I hate cheap thieves.

Rabbit

One thing if they had permission from the mod-maker to post the mod on Steam Workshop, but this is basically like taking someones painted picture and signing your own name at the bottom.

Does Steam have a policy in place for this sort of thing?

Will they ban the infringing user from the Workshop, or just tell them not to do it anymore? Or will they do nothing?

The policy seems to be to stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away. It's a shame this is being allowed to happen because in the end people will stop sharing their work or only share it between friends.

Just filed a complaint with steam over the use of Ice Penguins work without his consent. Plagiarists...scum of the earth and a fairly blatant one at that. I wonder if this Nimrod has an account here? :facepalm:

Does Steam have a policy in place for this sort of thing?

Will they ban the infringing user from the Workshop, or just tell them not to do it anymore? Or will they do nothing?

The policy seems to be to stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away. It's a shame this is being allowed to happen because in the end people will stop sharing their work or only share it between friends.

That indeed is the big danger. It could dissuade modders from modding Skyrim at all. Driving mods underground, (sarcasm alert) I hope Beth and Steam are exceedingly proud of their achievement.