Very confused, mods aren't working as intended

emieri00

So, basically... Something is wrong. I stopped playing skyrim in 2014, and now i'm trying to come back to try the Special edition. Thought it shouldn't be any harder than original skyrim... What a mistake that was.

For whatever reason, I've tried to install a few, very few mods. Got the unofficial patch, alright. Racemenu and SkyUI - and SkyUI did stop working for no reason for a moment, not sure why.

Then the whole body, skeleton and animations thing. Fnis and such... WHY. The body replacer didn't work [started with male, because there's like 3 options, compared to female, like always] The animations were still vanilla. Joy of perspective does not work, I take it...

That, or i'm being dumb after all those years... or even worse, Nexus Mod Manager [NOT vortex!] is trolling me and not installing things correctly. SMIM models aren't working as intended either, a lot of them are still vanilla or not showing animation.

or even worse, Nexus Mod Manager [NOT vortex!] is trolling me and not installing things correctly.

What do you think is so bad about vortex that you said "Not Vortex!!" while complaining that NMM doesn't work?

Anyway, you can still download NMM by just clicking on Download Vortex, and scrolling down the page just a bit and clicking on the COMMUNITY Release Button that will let you download the last version of NMM

Have fun

NMM-Vortex.jpg

Do you read the requirements for those mods? Do you have skse64 version 2.0.15 installed? It's needed for racemenu to work. Xp32 racemenu needs to ticked in order for racemenu to work.

Xp32 is needed in order for fnis to work. Nothing should be overwriting xp32, it needs to be at the very bottom of your load order. Fnis needs to be run each time you install or uninstall an animation mod. It's important to do so each time, else you would screw up your game. NMM works fine as is as well, vortex is okay but a mess. <--is what I've been told*** Having trouble? Look up videos how to install skse64, fnis, there videos for each mod mangers too. NMM, Vortex and Mo2. Trust me, I have problems too~ when i comes to understanding mod(s), I'm sure you can do it. Give it time...

Edited by sodaRAIN10

Do you read the requirements for those mods? Do you have skse64 version 2.0.15 installed? It's needed for racemenu to work. Xp32 racemenu needs to ticked in order for racemenu to work.

Xp32 is needed in order for fnis to work. Nothing should be overwriting xp32, it needs to be at the very bottom of your load order. Fnis needs to be run each time you install or uninstall an animation mod. It's important to do so each time, else you would screw up your game. NMM works fine as is as well, vortex is okay but a mess. <--is what I've been told*** Having trouble? Look up videos how to install skse64, fnis, there videos for each mod mangers too. NMM, Vortex and Mo2. Trust me, I have problems too~ when i comes to understanding mod(s), I'm sure you can do it. Give it time...

There's a few more requirements I didn't pay attention, like extracting something from racemenu's BSA file. Like, what's the actual problem of SSE with BSA files? I saw an error message from NMM saying something about it. Should I just extract them all? I mean, it seems modding SSE is even more complicated than the original skyrim, and i was somewhat good at that. :c

Also, NMM just works. I tried vortex in 2017 I think and it was so messy that I ended up only coming back to play skyrim in this year.

Edit: Correct that... NMM doesn't seem to work properly for whatever reason.

What do you think is so bad about vortex that you said "Not Vortex!!" while complaining that NMM doesn't work?

Anyway, you can still download NMM by just clicking on Download Vortex, and scrolling down the page just a bit and clicking on the COMMUNITY Release Button that will let you download the last version of NMM

Have fun

I saw MO2 in the nexus, but was like "what's this fallout-like logo doing here?"

Checked it again after you mentioned and the interface screenshots brought back the memories of what it was and how much better than NMM it was. Thanks for that.

Edited by emieri00

I don't understand how could this be happening, are you installing by Mod manager or manual? Some mod requires you install them manual and others are simply using mod manager install. I never encounter that type of error before with NMM.