nord and orc

gengar807

just a little thing i was wondering what you guys thought, so what race would win in a fist fight, a nord or an orc. also no racial abilities such as the orcs rage or whatever the nord has for his

Fear. As many debates as I hear like this, ppl don't take the most important factor. Anything can happen in a fight. I've seen Nord beat Orc, and Orc beat Nord, even set them up via console. I've also seen Knives beat guns, and at least 1 example of them taking out the Pentagon. All else being equal, the random factor trumps any minor advantage.

Edited by Psiberzerker

i kinda meant whos stronger or whos more likely to win

I got that, but other than daily powers, there's really not that much of a difference. It would come down to Equipment, the Orc might have a slight edge in heavy armor, but it would only be a Game Changer if the Nord was in Fur, with Iron Weapons while the Orc was in full Orcish. That wouldn't be a fair fight, so all else being equal, it's a tossup, call it in the air.

Orc race is slightly taller than Nords (1.045 vs 1.03) and 'movement' speed is calculated using height as a multiplier.

So Orcs would theoretically be a tad faster using a strafe or sidestep speed move in a fistfight

(not exactly sure what a 'stafe' move would be in hand-to-hand combat).

Orc's have the 'Berserker Rage' trait which allows them to take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds, once per day.

60 seconds is an eternity in a boxing match so an Orc would be tough to beat with this trait active.

Nord's have the 'Battle Cry' trait which makes targets flee for 30 seconds, once per day, dunno how this would help in a one-on-one fight.

Nord's, unlike Orc's, have +5 Speech trait so they could probably taunt, mock, insult, and ridicule better in a trash talking street fight lol.

Anyway, i usually like betting on underdogs or the little guys, so nords for me.

I think a better match would be a Khajiit vs Argonian.

Its a shame Bethesda left Oblivion's Hand-to-Hand combat skill perks out of Skyrim.

I would've loved to see them take unarmed combat to the next level with martial arts moves.

http://images.uesp.net/4/46/HandToHandTitle.gif

Edited by xlcr

off topic sorry, c'mon lol, Captain James Tiberius Kirk bested Klingon Commander Kruge in unarmed hand-to-hand combat

(barely, actually i think he got lucky with the Genesis planet self destructing, can't remember).

How about Kirk's Vulcan sidekick Spock versus Han Solo's Wookiee sidekick Chewbacca? lol.